As we're going through a gun and ammo shortage right now I will tell you all about my recent experiences within the last few days with the gun stores I visited in eastern PA.

I was able to buy some 10mm ammo at Cabela's in Hamburg today but even they're running really low right now. Although I know many people on this forum do not shop for guns at Cabela's because they do tend to price gouge on the guns I will nevertheless report what I saw. Although I do admit they are high priced on their guns they usually do have a good ammo selection at reasonable prices. I will say this much though, even at Cabela's they are almost all out of handguns so it looks like people do buy handguns at Cabela's if they can't find them anywhere else although Cabela's still had plenty of long guns.

With their ammo Cabela's is running quite dry although as I said I was able to get 10mm, Im one of the few people who really likes the 10mm round so Im not surprised they had some in stock. It looked like they were all out of the more popular 9mm caliber as well as 5.56 and 45 ACP although they did have some 12 gauge rounds on the shelf.

Yesterday I visited both 507 Outfitters and The Heritage Guild, both located in Easton. At 507 Outfitters they are open by appointment only although the fellow that met me at the door did say he had some 10mm in stock, I didn't ask about any other calibers. The Heritage Guild looked to be well supplied on firearms both long guns and handguns and they have a decent supply of ammo although with the current demand they are a bit lower than usual as would be expected.