Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Transfers at Tommy Gun ... Slow AF.

This is the second transfer I'm having done at Tommy Gun. I ordered something from PSA which arrived on Tuesday. Stopped by yesterday (Thursday) and Bob says they still haven't found it, even though UPS has a signed record of receipt. Called them again today, and got the same damn story. The first transfer I had done through Tommy was kind of similar, although it only took them 2 days the last time to get their shit together. I know the ATF states that an FFL has 7 calendar days to record the disposition of a firearm received in their books. While it hasn't been the 7th day yet, I've never dealt with an FFL that took this long to sort through their packages to find a gun someone is using them to do a transfer for.

Am I being unrealistic here by complaining after having to wait 3, 4, maybe 5 days to complete a transfer? It's taken them longer to sort this out than it took for PSA to ship the rifle from SC to PA. I feel almost as if Tommy is infringing on my 2A rights by impeding me from collecting a firearm I paid for...
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Transfers at Tommy Gun ... Slow AF.

They're either backed up, lazy, or don't give a fok.

My FFL calls me the day it comes in and let's me know it's there. Called me yesterday and said, "Come over whenever and today we're open late". I love it when a plan comes together!

Also, no masks, you can smoke, and bring your dog.

'Merica!

(Pike County)

Well, it's the last time I use Tommy Gun for a transfer... that's for sure. Easiest 25 bucks they could have gotten on a repeat basis.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Monroe County)

PSA treats dealers like shit so alot of them care less about transfering stuff for them, Buds and other places.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Am I being unrealistic here by complaining after having to wait 3, 4, maybe 5 days to complete a transfer?
    Absolutely not. I'd be peeved too.
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

(Lackawanna County)

I use coat of arms in dingmans. I it of just house. Same day service pretty much unless he’s working his day job. And last I knew 20 bucks a transfer

(Wayne County)

Tommy Guns needs new sales staff period. I had my problems with them also, nothing outrageous. They’re lazy and have a I don’t care attitude.

(Pike County)

Well I finally got my rifle today. Drove there this morning and told Ben to go find it and not come back until he's got the box in his hands. I told him that unless it was located, I'd have to file a report with PSP especially if Tommy Gun exceeds the maximum 7 day limit to record a firearm's disposition in their bound book (today was day 5; Monday would have been the 7th and they're closed Mondays).

So while he went to the dock to look for it, I noticed a box with UPS sticker sitting right by the front door counter. Took a look at and realized that it was my tracking number.

Anyway, Bob comes over and tells me that they've been so backed up that it's probably a good idea to not use them for any further transfers until stuff calms down. I didn't disagree with him.

(Mifflin County)

Sounds like an attitude to me.

It's not really a big deal. They don't give a shit. It's obviously more of a hassle for them to log your shit in then out. It's really pretty simple....go elsewhere. Never go back there for anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast