Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Transfers at Tommy Gun ... Slow AF.

If you ever have to do a transfer go see Mark at Wallenpaupack Sports Shop in Hawley. He's a solid guy that wont hurt you in the pocket. If you need more information pm me. I know him personally.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Never got a bad vibe at the Tommy Gun shop, however they were new and excited. In all fairness they may be overwhelmed right now. Gun shops around here are having 5 plus hour waits on BG checks. That's no excuse for bad customer service at any shop. It cost an employee nothing to be nice, and the owner money, in this case because it sounds like you wont be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    If you ever have to do a transfer go see Mark at Wallenpaupack Sports Shop in Hawley. He's a solid guy that wont hurt you in the pocket. If you need more information pm me. I know him personally.
    I hit that place up a few time during the summer mainly for fishing stuff. They have always been pleasant to deal with.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Very high rateings for Wallenpaupack sports,Mark is a great man as is staff to deal with,firearms used and new,ammo and I never wited more than 3 minutes for a PIC check ! Also know Mark very well a man of religious conviction and Pro Trump and very smart busines man !

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Very high rateings for Wallenpaupack sports,Mark is a great man as is staff to deal with,firearms used and new,ammo and I never wited more than 3 minutes for a PIC check ! Also know Mark very well a man of religious conviction and Pro Trump and very smart busines man !
    Hey guys. Yes, I know Mark well. I've been doing business with him since 2011. I like to consider the man a friend. When I posted this thread though, it was during a period of COVID where it was extremely difficult to get a hold of him. I have his cell phone number, so trust me, I tried. Otherwise I would have simply had him send a copy of his FFL to a distributor i bought a rifle from. Since that wasn't possible at the time, I had to have the transfer done at Tommy Gun.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Northampton County)

use another FFL
    You're a sanctimonious hypocrite of a bible-spouting blackmailer !

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Well I finally got my rifle today. Drove there this morning and told Ben to go find it and not come back until he's got the box in his hands. I told him that unless it was located, I'd have to file a report with PSP especially if Tommy Gun exceeds the maximum 7 day limit to record a firearm's disposition in their bound book (today was day 5; Monday would have been the 7th and they're closed Mondays).

So while he went to the dock to look for it, I noticed a box with UPS sticker sitting right by the front door counter. Took a look at and realized that it was my tracking number.

Anyway, Bob comes over and tells me that they've been so backed up that it's probably a good idea to not use them for any further transfers until stuff calms down. I didn't disagree with him.
    Wow! That is horrible. I don't disagree with him either. Kudos to you for going in and forcing the issue.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Tommy Guns needs new sales staff period. I had my problems with them also, nothing outrageous. They’re lazy and have a I don’t care attitude.
    I'll second that. Ordered a part from Kahr and it had the option for pick up. Sure I'll take a nice drive and get out of the house and shop for a couple of hours.
    Order Monday, got it's in the store and ready to pick up email Tuesday. Got there about noon Wed.
    I looked around, cool place ammo $ is avg. Lots of restrictions go figure. But I find a not too overpriced box of Subsonic blackout. Hit the counter to get it and my part.
    Guy didn't quite have an attitude but was offputting that I had a part ready for pickup. Tried to shove me on someone else. Kept saying they would of called me if I did. Really the email as I show him my phone says nothing about a call and it's R-E-A-D-Y..now, at this counter.. well the other guy had come over, digs though a pile of stacked parts bins the 1st guy didn't even look at and found it.

Not the worst but not that good either.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Membership at Sanctuary Church would have gotten you preferential service and with a smile !

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Membership at Sanctuary Church would have gotten you preferential service and with a smile !
    You know, that might not be a bad idea.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12