Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clarion County)

Default Hodgdon Powder Company Acquires Ramshot Powder, Accurate Powder and Blackhorn 209....

....from Western Powders.
    https://ultimatereloader.com/2020/10...ltiple-brands/

Since Hodgon is mainly into distribution it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hodgdon Powder Company Acquires Ramshot Powder, Accurate Powder and Blackhorn 209

It will be interesting to see if this changes anything but the "powder companies" Hodgon bought up don't make powders either. They are all distributors too. All of the smokeless powders we buy are made by a handful of bulk factories that most of us have never heard of. The "powder companies" we know of just buy large multi-ton batches and blend the lots for the correct burn rate. Then they slap their own label on the bottle. There are many examples where 2 companies sell the exact same powder (made by someone else) but with different names.

Default Re: Hodgdon Powder Company Acquires Ramshot Powder, Accurate Powder and Blackhorn 209

I can see not many companies want the BS of dealing with the Feds , hazmat , distribution , shipping , etc. Hodgdon has been doing it for ages. But having one company for almost all powder brands could spell trouble.

(Susquehanna County)

I wonder if that means they'll be distributing Norma Powders too? As it happens I've been weening myself off of Accurate for handgun and switching to Hodgdon CFE-P and I've developed a strong liking for Norma rifle powders which seems to pretty easily outperform the other powders an sometimes their load data.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Susquehanna County)

Here's the text of an email I got from Hodgdon yeterday: "Accurate, Blackhorn 209 and Ramshot powders have recently joined the Hodgdon family of brands. Starting this week, we will no longer send out dedicated e-blasts. Updates for these brands will now be incorporated into the monthly Hodgdon emails. If you*re receiving this email, you don*t need to sign up to get the monthly updates from Hodgdon. Your email address will be migrated over to the Hodgdon system. But if you would prefer to opt out of future Hodgdon emails, please hit the unsubscribe button below."
    No mention of Norma. Now I have to search.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

I'm with abner on this one. I hate to see monopolizing of companies. This sets up companies to raise the prices, battle the FTC in court and are prone to forcing the actual powder makers to bend to their will to lower prices and force their profits lower. Domino effect! I also worry about abrupt changes to their actual product performances. And as fate will have it, most of what I now shoot across all platforms are under this company.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!