Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Brand New Open Carrier

I agree with JCinPA about OC'ing in KoP. I live in KoP and would not consider OC'ing here because I expect freaking out by soccer moms and PhD moms that are quite prevalent around here. Now, to be fair, 99% may not care about OC in other areas of PA and maybe the KoP figure is more like 95%, but that difference between 99% and 95% is like the gap between shooting par and trying to drop another stroke - significant!

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by djschloss View Post
    I agree with JCinPA about OC'ing in KoP. I live in KoP and would not consider OC'ing here because I expect freaking out by soccer moms and PhD moms that are quite prevalent around here. Now, to be fair, 99% may not care about OC in other areas of PA and maybe the KoP figure is more like 95%, but that difference between 99% and 95% is like the gap between shooting par and trying to drop another stroke - significant!
    Its not your job to retrain a zillion soccer moms to accept armed people wandering around, obeying the law....

But its nice when you can help out on the task.

Normalizing OC is a great crusade...
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Its not your job to retrain a zillion soccer moms to accept armed people wandering around, obeying the law.....
    This!
    The Bosun

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Forum usage tip:
    To address a specific post/poster, click the "Reply with Quote" button first in the lower right corner.
    Then click and type under the quoted text.

If you wish to address more than one person in one post, click the Multi-Quote button (to the right of the Reply with Quote) in EACH post you want to quote, and THEN select "Reply" and all the selected posts will appear.
    Thank you, Emptymag--please, forgive my poor forum technique. I was wandering why my replies were being buried at the end of the thread.
    'Much appreciated.
    The Bosun

(Allegheny County)

Geez, DJ, I have a Ph.D. (yes, I admit it: over-educated nerd). Please, don't think graduate level education must always mean being one of those fragile, idealistic/unrealistic, anti-gun people.

Exercising my 2nd Amendment rights in the most scholarly fashion,
    The Bosun

(Philadelphia County)

I've oc'd in KoP many times and never have anything more then a passing stare.

(Wayne County)

What is your preferred caliber for shooting par?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    What is your preferred caliber for shooting par?
    Guessing one of his irons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    I've oc'd in KoP many times and never have anything more then a passing stare.
    I*ve found that dressing *Business casual* and carrying in a quality leather holster accomplishes two things:
    One, you blend in and many people not only do not see the gun, they are likely to not even see the carrier. Herd oblivion, maybe?
    Two, even if they see the gun, your attire tells them to think *cop*. Short haircut helps too!

If you want to cement the *cop* image in their brain, grab a random sagger and beat the hell out of him while yelling *stop resisting*!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
    ... soccer moms around the Main Line and the area around the King of Prussia Mall? They would lose their shit if people open carried around there.
    Hey, it would save them on lipo and "cool sculpting", right?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast