Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Brand New Open Carrier

Thank you, Sandcut. My experiences are validating everything you and others here are telling me: that OC is only a "big deal" if I think of it as a "big deal".

FWIW, as I write this, I've just returned home from what was pretty much a repetition of my initial post (evening stroll around the parking lot, chat with the nice cleaning lady (who still hasn't given the slightest hint that she's noticed the rather large .357 attached to my left hip ((yes, I'm left handed)), followed by a visit to the gun store before they closed).

Reactions? Zilch, zero, nada. Perhaps I owe a debt to the OC'ers of the recent past for educating the public that one can own a firearm and yet be a decent, law-abiding person.

Carrying on,
    The Bosun

(Montgomery County)

I a so jealous! I can't imagine the shitstorm it would cause if I started to OC in the KOP area.

Rural PA is so awesome! I want to move there some day.

(Allegheny County)

Hi, JC.

Actually, there's nothing rural about my community at all. We're a suburb of Pittsburgh. And, regardless of where in Pennsylvania any of us reside, do not the same firearms laws apply? (Yes, Philadelphia/City of the First Class is a special case.) My point is, what applies to us here should apply equally to you in King of Prussia.
    The Bosun

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bosun View Post
    Thank you for the welcomes, everyone. I hope to continue learning here.

Prosper,
    Forum usage tip:
    To address a specific post/poster, click the "Reply with Quote" button first in the lower right corner.
    Then click and type under the quoted text.

If you wish to address more than one person in one post, click the Multi-Quote button (to the right of the Reply with Quote) in EACH post you want to quote, and THEN select "Reply" and all the selected posts will appear.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Hi, JC.

Actually, there's nothing rural about my community at all. We're a suburb of Pittsburgh. And, regardless of where in Pennsylvania any of us reside, do not the same firearms laws apply? (Yes, Philadelphia/City of the First Class is a special case.) My point is, what applies to us here should apply equally to you in King of Prussia.
    Of course, the same laws apply, but the soccer moms around the Main Line and the area around the King of Prussia Mall? They would lose their shit if people open carried around there.

Laws the same, nothing to worry about, but people's attitudes vary a lot and around here (western subs of Philly) people would literally shit themselves if they saw me gassing up my car with a .45 on my hip.

(Delaware County)

You're right, Jthrelf--the GP 100 is a tank; that's what I most like about it. As for the semiautos, I have nothing against them (the very first handgun I ever fired was a .45 1911 which I had to carry back in the day). More recently, we just bought my wife a Taurus 9mm for her to keep at home (she's not interested in carrying). I'm happy with my GP100 .357, Model 1768, 5 inch barrel for EDC and my Mossberg 500A for home.

Whatever weapon any gun owner chooses to defend his/her family and home is a personal matter, IMO. As for me, give me my .357 & my 12 gauge and I'll defend the Alamo.
    Even if the wife isn't interested in carrying it would be good to have it in case the need or interest ever arises, especially with the current lead times. My wife had one but only carried a few times.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
    I a so jealous! I can't imagine the shitstorm it would cause if I started to OC in the KOP area.

Rural PA is so awesome! I want to move there some day.
    You sure? Viper never posts anything anymore because that whole region is boring.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Hahahaha. Boring can be good. You can always visit the cities when you want a dose of classical music or a fancy restaurant or a museum. Nice to visit but not be stuck there.

(Montgomery County)

Of course, the same laws apply, but the soccer moms around the Main Line and the area around the King of Prussia Mall? They would lose their shit if people open carried around there.

Laws the same, nothing to worry about, but people's attitudes vary a lot and around here (western subs of Philly) people would literally shit themselves if they saw me gassing up my car with a .45 on my hip.
    I open carry all over Montco (including KOP and the Main Line where I work) and have seen no difference in reaction anywhere. 99% of people either don't see it or don't care.

(Montgomery County)

I open carry all over Montco (including KOP and the Main Line where I work) and have seen no difference in reaction anywhere. 99% of people either don't see it or don't care.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast