Greetings, all, and thank you to the moderators for allowing me to join this forum.

Having spent several weeks reading posts throughout the PAFOA forum, I find the Open Carry threads to be of greatest interest. By way of introduction, I live in Allegheny County, and am a retired/disabled military veteran (Army & Coast Guard; "by land and by sea"). As such, I'm no stranger to firearms, but have only recently obtained my LTCF and find now find myself bearing arms for the first time in my life without a uniform.

In the short time I've been licensed to carry as a civilian, I have both OC'd and CC'd, as I believe appropriate depending on situation/environment; and will continue to do so. Like most here, I do not believe the mere possession of a handgun, carried in a holster in a non-threatening manner, should cause alarm. (I'll save my thoughts on the open carry of shoulder-fired weapons for another post.)

While my OC experience is limited, I have yet to have a negative interaction with anyone and will share the so-far-positive experiences in a later post.

I look forward to sharing experiences with others here.

Stay safe.

The Bosun