Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Eagle Arms Morgantown October10, 11

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Highland Arms Co will be set-up there but alas I can't be there. I've had a bit of a medical setback so I'll be shepherding the show from home. (BTW, it's NOT Covid)
    My daughter and the rest of my great staff will be there to help you. I'll be able to answer questions by phone for sure, or by Skype; if I can get it to work.
    Traval safe and I'll see you when I'm up and running at full speed again.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Highland Arms Co will be set-up there but alas I can't be there. I've had a bit of a medical setback so I'll be shepherding the show from home. (BTW, it's NOT Covid)
    My daughter and the rest of my great staff will be there to help you. I'll be able to answer questions by phone for sure, or by Skype; if I can get it to work.
    Traval safe and I'll see you when I'm up and running at full speed again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery
    Yes, may you recover quicker than Chris Christie.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Went, saw and conquered, spent a little money and left. At 12:30 it was pretty much walk right in. Ammo prices are still horrific, that 'soon to be banned' body armor is still available and ammo cans are up another 25% over last show. Durkin Tactical was there with their wares, including 80% lowers for $70. Didn't see Peter's Pickles this time around and I think I made the full rounds. Three day show there the end of the month and big gala planned for Oaks in Dec but I'm betting that MONTCO won't let it happen.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Went, saw and conquered, spent a little money and left. At 12:30 it was pretty much walk right in. Ammo prices are still horrific, that 'soon to be banned' body armor is still available and ammo cans are up another 25% over last show. Durkin Tactical was there with their wares, including 80% lowers for $70. Didn't see Peter's Pickles this time around and I think I made the full rounds. Three day show there the end of the month and big gala planned for Oaks in Dec but I'm betting that MONTCO won't let it happen.
    Answer my surplus handgun selection question back on pg 2 damnit

Want to know if it's worth it to try to go at the end of the month.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Answer my surplus handgun selection question back on pg 2 damnit

Want to know if it's worth it to try to go at the end of the month.
    Still a couple of those old Beretta 9's floating around but not like they were at the last show or two. Kind of like those Cheetahs when they showed up. They came, they dwindled then they disappeared. You just have to go every time to catch them when the dumping is fresh. And it seems like Scotsguards always has some prime examples and his prices aren't bad either. he gave extra mag with the Cheetah.

(Erie County)

The nerds were the ones wearing the masks, did you mistype?
    LOL. He's being polite. I always call them maskless morons

(Montgomery County)

Still a couple of those old Beretta 9's floating around but not like they were at the last show or two. Kind of like those Cheetahs when they showed up. They came, they dwindled then they disappeared. You just have to go every time to catch them when the dumping is fresh. And it seems like Scotsguards always has some prime examples and his prices aren't bad either. he gave extra mag with the Cheetah.
    Thanks!

(Westmoreland County)

I never cease to be amazed by the gun buying/owning crowd.even after 30 + years in the firearm business. I have delt in surplus arms since Highland Arms Co's inception in 1987. I've sold thousands of such items. Tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands such arms have been imported and sold by myself and countless others.

The story is always the same: a huge shipment of a certain item comes in. Usually at VERY reasonable prices. Said item is available at the afore mentioned reasonable price for a time till the supply runs out. Then prices start to climb on said item. As supply gets scarser. Welcome to capitalism 101.

But that's not really the point of this post. What has NEVER ceased to boggle my mind is the fact that a large portion of us are surplus arms hoarders. We buy ones, twos; or even more of the same thing till we are saturated. Then when the next round something materializes we do the same damn thing. Over and over again.

What's wrong with this? Not a damn thing as far as I'm concerned. However these arms disappear into the woodwork never to be seen again.

(Berks County)

I never cease to be amazed by the gun buying/owning crowd.even after 30 + years in the firearm business. I have delt in surplus arms since Highland Arms Co's inception in 1987. I've sold thousands of such items. Tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands such arms have been imported and sold by myself and countless others.

The story is always the same: a huge shipment of a certain item comes in. Usually at VERY reasonable prices. Said item is available at the afore mentioned reasonable price for a time till the supply runs out. Then prices start to climb on said item. As supply gets scarser. Welcome to capitalism 101.

But that's not really the point of this post. What has NEVER ceased to boggle my mind is the fact that a large portion of us are surplus arms hoarders. We buy ones, twos; or even more of the same thing till we are saturated. Then when the next round something materializes we do the same damn thing. Over and over again.

What's wrong with this? Not a damn thing as far as I'm concerned. However these arms disappear into the woodwork never to be seen again.
    Yeah that boggles me too, I don't own two of anything...except mags and bullits...and ammo cans.

(Westmoreland County)

On a different note. Many thanks to all concerned for the well wishes. I should make pretty full recovery if all goes according to plan.
    All I gotta say is: coronary bypass surgery sucks. But I guess it beats the alternative.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast