Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Eagle Arms Morgantown October10, 11

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    If you go to the "More..." tab on their website it has a generic $1 coupon for all shows except Lebanon.

I don't see it on their website, but I'm guessing face masks will be mandatory for entry. We'll look like a bunch of outlaws in the wild West walking around with a gun on our hip and a mask covering our face.
    Sign mandates face masks but on my first trip there I told them about my mesothelioma and they said, "OK". On the last trip there my buddy and I walked right in with nothing being said. Once inside compliance was at 60% or lower. This is in Berks County and DA Adams has consistently told our LE not to bring cases on this to court as there is nothing in the criminal code to prosecute under.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Anyone go? Reloading stuff?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skooter View Post
    Anyone go? Reloading stuff?
    About 10 yards in I looked at a table with primers... $100/1000 primers federal small rifle. I just bought some CCI 400's At Shyda's for $34/1000 and I thought that was steep. Knew at that moment I was going home with the hundreds of dollars in my pocket, Im good for now Ill wait this out

At least the Magazines are still holding decent pricing if you look Pmags where a low of $10 for Gen 2 to upwards of $15 for the window gen 3's. I grabbed a few .308 20's. The show is getting bigger every time but the pricing is getting to Sandy Hook levels on some things , AMMO is the hot commodity

(Philadelphia County)

Started off the day strong, and the guys I was with moved a bunch of stuff early but then it kinda tapered off after only a few hours. At least the cars were cool to look at. Prices were nuts all over, but I saw a few decent things for decent prices when I had the chance to look around.

(Delaware County)

I did end up going around 12:30. I had been delayed by a stop on the Penny Pike service area to inflate a low tire; the dang tire inflation valve was bad so I ended up losing air instead of inflating. Have my own in trunk - story for another time. So I get there around 12:30, the only line is before you get in at the hot dog stand. The crowd was reasonable, but not huge. Only a couple of nerds not wearing masks - most gave them wide berth. To my eternal shock, 2 of the ammo guys had Federal 12 ga. 2 3/4 inch, 1145 fps, 7.5 shot. The prices were high, but it beat some of the grubbing around I've been doing lately. Holzingers was not there, nor the pickle guy. The fudge guy was there - so my wife has been placated. All in all was better than August.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Berks County)

There were more then a couple of nerds in the morning. Well over half of the vendors were nerds. I was a nerd. No line to get in. More of a line waiting to use them computers before you go in. Zip tie guys were at the door, they didn't ask. I bet the end of October show will be packed.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I did end up going around 12:30. I had been delayed by a stop on the Penny Pike service area to inflate a low tire; the dang tire inflation valve was bad so I ended up losing air instead of inflating. Have my own in trunk - story for another time. So I get there around 12:30, the only line is before you get in at the hot dog stand. The crowd was reasonable, but not huge. Only a couple of nerds not wearing masks - most gave them wide berth. To my eternal shock, 2 of the ammo guys had Federal 12 ga. 2 3/4 inch, 1145 fps, 7.5 shot. The prices were high, but it beat some of the grubbing around I've been doing lately. Holzingers was not there, nor the pickle guy. The fudge guy was there - so my wife has been placated. All in all was better than August.
    The nerds were the ones wearing the masks, did you mistype?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The nerds were the ones wearing the masks, did you mistype?
    I am a KN95 kinda guy. My mask protects ME; I'm not going to depend on you. Anyway, Goldie's socks were there but not Goldie - the guy at the next table was collecting for him. Pity, my wife wanted a couple more pairs of non-pinching socks that weren't there. She settled for the fudge. Qui desiderat pacem, necesse est ut beati uxorem (who desires peace must keep the wife happy).
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Montgomery County)

How was the surplus handgun selection? I.e. what's the market flush with these days? Any big lots of M57 tokarevs?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I am a KN95 kinda guy. My mask protects ME; I'm not going to depend on you. Anyway, Goldie's socks were there but not Goldie - the guy at the next table was collecting for him. Pity, my wife wanted a couple more pairs of non-pinching socks that weren't there. She settled for the fudge. Qui desiderat pacem, necesse est ut beati uxorem (who desires peace must keep the wife happy).
    Doesn't answer the question.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast