Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PA Appeals Court rules Gun Makers can be sued

It is and will remain undetermined how many new products have not been marketable due to the uncertainty of what novel legal challenge may attach.

There is also an ironic result from implementation of safety devices on new designs of an existing product. The table saw that stops on a finger without cutting the finger makes all prior-designed existing models vulnerable to suits based on safety.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    It is and will remain undetermined how many new products have not been marketable due to the uncertainty of what novel legal challenge may attach.

There is also an ironic result from implementation of safety devices on new designs of an existing product. The table saw that stops on a finger without cutting the finger makes all prior-designed existing models vulnerable to suits based on safety
    Those saws are also what lead to the EU basically banning dado stacks. New saws cannot have an arbor long enough for a dado stack. The reason is that the saw stop doesn't have enough braking power to stop the extra weight of the stack.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Those saws are also what lead to the EU basically banning dado stacks. New saws cannot have an arbor long enough for a dado stack. The reason is that the saw stop doesn't have enough braking power to stop the extra weight of the stack.
    And this is why cars cost so much. Soon you will need a gun with a grip safety, thumb safety, a drop safety, mag safety, an extra *set* trigger, a 12 pound main trigger, and a big red piece of plastic on the rear of the slide so people don*t get slide bite.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Imagine a world without LAWYERS!***

*** - ambulance chasing PI-types!

People who do this kinda shit deserve an early death. Guns eliminate stupid people!
    Last edited by abner13; September 29th, 2020 at 04:43 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Perry County)

This has implications for Roe. Not that their ruling sets any precedence but it does spit in the face of Roe which banned stated from making abortion illegal. Seems states rights would demand that they can set the laws for abortion in their state.

Then there's any type of federal gun law that we must abide by. SBRs, suppressors, full-auto. I'd love to have a sit down with the judges and ask them if that's correct, that the NFA no longer applies to states in their thinking and watch them wiggle and squirm in legalese as to why it's different.

It doesn't matter, many on the left have been saying the legislators should just ignore court rulings and do their thing. I'm sure open rebellion against the COTUS and power of the judiciary branch is on many of their minds.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Dem-run state courts have been telling the Feds to go fuck themselves with their constitutional laws for years. Federal law says marijuana is completely illegal. 32 states have chosen to ignore that law to various levels.

Since my vehicles were not equipped with any speed-limiting devices , is GM liable if I hit someone at 90mph?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Wouldn't the reasoning of the appellate court panel also make much, if not all, of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (and its amending legislation) unconstitutional?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Pennsylvania appeals court rules gun industry protection law unconstitutional

By Zack Budryk
    September 29, 2020 - 08:03 AM EDT
    Pennsylvania appeals court rules gun industry protection law unconstitutional
    A 2005 law protecting firearms manufacturers from civil liability is unconstitutional, a Pennsylvania appeals court ruled in a Monday filing.

A three-judge panel Monday ruled the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) of 2005 violates the 10th Amendment, which states that all powers not specifically delegated to the federal government are the responsibility of states.

The 2005 law says companies shall not be held legally liable for harm caused by those who "criminally or unlawfully misuse firearm products or ammunition products that function as designed and intended."

After a Pennsylvania 14-year-old accidentally shot and killed his friend J.R. Gustafson in 2016, Gustafson*s parents sued both the gun manufacturer and the retailer where it was purchased. Gustafson*s parents alleged that the semi-automatic did not have a safety feature preventing it from going off without the clip. This, they argued, made the gun defective and both Springfield Armory and Saloom Department Store liable for their son*s death.

In a 63-page ruling, the panel wrote that *the only portions of the PLCAA that do not offend the Constitution are its findings and purposes ... and a few definitions,* according to CNN.

New poll shows Biden up 9 points in Pennsylvania
    GOP asks Supreme Court to halt mail voting extension in Pennsylvania
    The court also rejected the defense of the law as part of the federal government*s power to govern interstate commerce. A gun being sold across state lines at some point *does not give Congress perpetual authority to regulate any harm it may cause," he wrote.

The court rejected a Westmoreland County trial judge*s dismissal of the lawsuit, which cited the PLCAA. The case will return to the trial court as a result of the ruling.

"In finding that PLCAA is unconstitutional in its entirety, the Superior Court of Pennsylvania properly recognizes that states have the authority to hold negligent gun makers accountable in court, and to ensure that all victims have the right to seek civil justice against wrongdoers who cause them harm," Jonathan Lowy, the Gustafsons* lead attorney, said in a statement. Lowy is also vice president of the pro-gun control Brady Campaign.
    Biden is up by 9 points in pa? If that is the case, biden wins the presidency, the Senate goes democrat, and gun owners will be learning golf and photography.

(Bucks County)

IF PA Appeals Court rules Gun Makers can be sued, then it would logically follow that judges can be sued for the results of their judgments.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123