Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Super Vel Ammunition

Saw a post on the "Share deals...." thread for these guys. Buying a few boxes of their +P 9 JHP. Anyone have experience with this brand?

Default Re: Super Vel Ammunition

When I started to carry a J-frame in the late 60's I tried a lot of different ammo and settled on Super Vel. I've been using it ever since and am totally satisfied. I probably have 7000+ rounds thru 6-7 different weapons without even one problem.

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    When I started to carry a J-frame in the late 60's I tried a lot of different ammo and settled on Super Vel. I've been using it ever since and am totally satisfied. I probably have 7000+ rounds thru 6-7 different weapons without even one problem.
    . Not the same Super Vel.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    . Not the same Super Vel.
    Great. Well I've got a couple of boxes on the way. Hopefully it at least goes bang LOL

(Perry County)

I've got 120 rounds of the 9mm+P 115gr JHPs sitting next to me and another 100 on the way. It sounds like it's a competent performer but it's not the wonder-ammo it was back in the day because everybody has caught up at this point. I bought it because the price was right for defensive ammo, especially during this panic. And while I've got more ball ammo than I need, I was lacking in carry ammo.

Once Holosun gets my 507 back to me, I'll be shooting up a box to test in my carry gun. I'll post if anything negative occurs or if it's truly exceptional in some manner.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

My order just arrived so hope to hit the range soon and give it a try.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChemDave View Post
    My order just arrived so hope to hit the range soon and give it a try.
    Mine is here too. Will be trying it on Wednesday through a Rock River carbine.

(Allegheny County)

The code "CarryTrainer" should get you 5% - 10% off the purchase. They also have a deal on if you supply the primers they'll make you a rush batch of 1,000 rounds at discount. Would be great if one could find primers.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sblzrd65 View Post
    The code "CarryTrainer" should get you 5% - 10% off the purchase. They also have a deal on if you supply the primers they'll make you a rush batch of 1,000 rounds at discount. Would be great if one could find primers.
    Where were you yesterday?
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Where were you yesterday?
    Sorry. Posted it on the other thread. The guy, Carry Trainer has some quality videos on YouTube. He also has a discount for NeoMags (the pocket clip with the strong magnets).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast