Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Super Vel Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post
    Great. Well I've got a couple of boxes on the way. Hopefully it at least goes bang LOL
    Article about Super-Vel then and now. https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...uper-vel-ammo/
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Article about Super-Vel then and now. https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...uper-vel-ammo/
    Thanks! I'll take a look

(Perry County)

I read that article and some statements by old-dog cops. It sounds like the original Super-Vel viewed maximum pressure as the bare minimum when developing loads. Of course, testing equipment was different back then so maybe they were actually trying to stay within safety guidelines and just failed at it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Perry County)

Some backyard (front yard actually) ballistic testing. 115 gr. 9mm +P JHP.

Gallon water jugs filled with water, a leg from a pair of jeans, t-bone steak bones and a CZ P10C 4" barrel.

First shot through three jugs striking the 4th at an angle, I put the handle part toward the front. Small hole in the jug, bullet lost.

Second shot through 3 jugs bullet recovered from the 4th. A lot of small shards of lead and copper in third jug. 91 grain main portion with another 10 grains of bits.

Third shot I attached the jeans & bones to the first jug. Went into the first jug just below the jeans and hit the 2nd jug where it careened downward, came out the bottom and broke my fucking table. Bullet 98.4 grains and 1 piece of jacket at 1.2 grains.

Fourth shot went through the jeans, broke some bone and traveled to the 4th jug. Impressively, the main portion weighed 114.4 and a single piece of jacket that weighed 1 grain were recovered from the 4th jug. It also mushroomed the best measuring .57 x .67. Appearance is egg shape when viewing from the front.

I'm pleased, I think they'll work very well for self-defense.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Tried and failed to buy their 9mm training ammo today. Sale started at 2 PM; I placed 1 pack in the cart. Took me three minutes to check out and the was too long!

(Allegheny County)

Just ordered 2 boxes of the 9mm and used The code "CarryTrainer" and saved another $1.50 so it still works

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    . It sounds like the original Super-Vel viewed maximum pressure as the bare minimum when developing loads.

Merely a suggested stating point.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    Just ordered 2 boxes of the 9mm and used The code "CarryTrainer" and saved another $1.50 so it still works
    Code still works. Picked up some 38 spl and 9 mm. Thanks!

(Butler County)

Featuring a 115 gr. FMJ bullet at 1,150 fps, our 9mm Luger Certified Select Training Ammo is re-manufactured from once-fired brass on the same Camdex Computerized Loaders that we use for our premium self-defense *yellow box* loads. The price is $239.95 for 1,000 rounds which is packaged in two 500-count bulk packs. We do not mark-up shipping, and our UPS rates are really good, so our shipping is as low as it can be, literally *at cost.*

The release will be for 100,000 rounds on Saturday, October 31st at 2 p.m. Eastern Time (11 a.m. Pacific). Keep in mind, 100,000 rounds sells very quickly on our site due to increased demand. Our last release sold out in roughly 10 seconds. Adding to your cart does not guarantee you ammo. Ammo is only secured and inventory reduced when checkout is complete.

To increase your chances of getting a case of ammo, make sure to do the following:

Create an account on our site, and be logged in before release. You can create an account by click here.
    Consider adding your payment information to your web browser. This will allow it to auto fill when on our checkout page.
    Be on the product page and refresh right at release time.
    Again, this ammo sells in seconds. You may be able to add to your cart, but others may beat you out in the checkout process. If you miss out on this release don't worry, we will be doing many more releases in the near future!
    BYOP Means Guaranteed 9mm Ammo

Our Bring Your Own Primers (BYOP) Program continues to circumvent *in stock* problems by supplying the one component we need to load your ammo* primers. Primers are available for retail purchase with limited quantities, usually one box of 1,000, but none are available for wholesale purchase through our normal channels, so we*re asking you to order your allotment of 1,000 (or more), have them shipped to yourself at our address, and we then credit you $40 per 1,000 for the primers, and load you 1,000 rounds (or more) of 9mm Luger Certified Select Training Ammo (remanufactured from once-fired brass) for a cost of $199.95 (for 115 gr. FMJ) or $233.95 (for 147 gr. FMJ).

Just scored a case of the 9mm using the Carry Trainer code saved me $12.00.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast