Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Springfield Hellcat with Sig Romeo Zero Micro

I don’t do many reviews because I am an electronics tech, not a firearms expert. Once in a while I am impressed enough to drop a line for other interested parties.

I bought my Hellcat in late September. I was at Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield PA and was comparing it and the black version as well as the Sig P365 (the one with the sights inside the slide). I mulled over them for about 30 mins and decided on the Hellcat. I’ll spare you the personal preferences as to why,

We returned to camp and I shot the hell out of the pistol. So did my friends. We all liked it and I was impressed by how well I shot with it. Striker fired triggers are just natural to me. I have no idea why but they are. I shoot a lot of different guns and maybe they’re just the happy medium. I dunno.

Fast forward 2 weeks, I bought a Sig Romeo Zero Micro for it. Neither the screws for the blank plate nor any of the sig screws worked. I ordered the Springfield screws which turned out to be too short. I drilled recesses in the sight so the Springfield screws both worked, and fit flush. I was a bit uneasy drilling it, I didn’t want to destroy the sight but it worked. It fits like it was meant for the gun and the screws are flush and very tight.

I wasn’t sure how I’d like the red dot/holo on a pistol, but wow is it nice. I shot even better than before and with quicker follow ups. I’m not talking about groups of holes all touching each other, I mean when I moved from target to target, I consistently landed hits where I intended.

The lil Hellcat is a winner with me. I have to address the one thing I read online about the trigger locking up if not pulled correctly: I found that with shooting the pistol I could not get it to recreate the problem unless I intentionally pushed, hard and sideways, across the trigger. The complaint in the article article said that was it, pistol locked and done. I found this to be false. If I could induce this problem, it was quickly corrected by releasing and re-squeezing the trigger. I suppose this could be a legitimate complaint for a newbie but I find it as a non factor as I am a firm believer in muscle memory and my trigger pulls are pretty damn consistent if I do say so myself.

With that out of the way...

In summary, with 13 rounds plus one in the pipe, a red dot for very fast target acquisition, better than average accuracy, and it has been with 500+ rounds fully reliable with 115 and 124 grain fmj, jhp, and some +P stuff too. I have a keeper.

Try it, you’ll like it!
    Last edited by TwistedCopper; November 15th, 2020 at 07:15 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Springfield Hellcat with Sig Romeo Zero Micro

Good review, thanks! How's the iron sight picture with your setup?

I plan to get a Hellcat and Swampfox Sentinel sight eventually.