Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Beaver County)

Default Kahr CM9 - No love out there for Kahr

After a long absence due to work keeping me really busy, I'm back on here.

I've had the Kahr CM9 for a year now, put many rounds through it...keep it nice and tidy and the gun has not let me down at all. My new Sig P365 that I bought later on had problems with the slide not going all the way forward for a follow up shot within the first 5 minutes of shooting the gun. I don't know if that was a lack of lub being just poured on (I def put lube on the slide rails/guides). Anyway...the Kahr never has had one single issue, yet these guns get no praise or hype. I actually want to buy a PM9 down the road just to have another one.

Kahr owners, let's make some noise!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Kahr CM9 - No love out there for Kahr

Seriously? Kahrs are notorious for needing a few hundred rounds to break them in. I bought my CM9 used, so it was already broken in. It's been 100% reliable. But I bought a used Kahr P380 from Ace that didn't run, and after a couple of trips to their gunsmith, they took it back and gave me a discount on a new one. That one wasn't reliable until I broke it in.

My P365 didn't consistently go into battery when it was new, and I had to send it back. I had Sig install the redesigned striker too. It runs like a champ now.

I love my Kahrs, but my P365 has permanently replaced my CM9. How can you argue with a better trigger and four extra rounds?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Seriously? Kahrs are notorious for needing a few hundred rounds to break them in. I bought my CM9 used, so it was already broken in. It's been 100% reliable. But I bought a used Kahr P380 from Ace that didn't run, and after a couple of trips to their gunsmith, they took it back and gave me a discount on a new one. That one wasn't reliable until I broke it in.

My P365 didn't consistently go into battery when it was new, and I had to send it back. I had Sig install the redesigned striker too. It runs like a champ now.

I love my Kahrs, but my P365 has permanently replaced my CM9. How can you argue with a better trigger and four extra rounds?
    Well I carry a 5 shot j. 357
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

I feel like the Kahr is just outpaced by competitors with similar round count - G43, Shield, LC9s and XDs. And then it's left in the dust by the Hellcat and P365.

When I handled one years ago I liked it but never had the need to purchase. On a political note, Kahr is active in PA's fight for the right to keep and bear arms - so they are indeed a great company to support.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I feel like the Kahr is just outpaced by competitors with similar round count - G43, Shield, LC9s and XDs. And then it's left in the dust by the Hellcat and P365.

When I handled one years ago I liked it but never had the need to purchase. On a political note, Kahr is active in PA's fight for the right to keep and bear arms - so they are indeed a great company to support.
    Yep. I bought my CM9 in 2011. It's such a good gun that I never even thought about ditching it for a Shield, a G43, LC9 or an XD-S. But the minute I saw the P365, that was it. The poor CM9 hasn't been out of the safe since.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Yep. I bought my CM9 in 2011. It's such a good gun that I never even thought about ditching it for a Shield, a G43, LC9 or an XD-S. But the minute I saw the P365, that was it. The poor CM9 hasn't been out of the safe since.
    Same.

I've even purchased a second p365 to keep the kahr cm9 from getting lonely when I'm away.

(Monroe County)

I bought a pm9 used and it regularly is in the carry rotation. Never any problems with it. Also have a p380, purchased new for light summer carry, the only problem any of them have is when they collect enough sawdust laden pocket lint. It has to be blown off. Recently picked up an all metal k40 (my only 40 pistol) used which will be tested this week for carry reliability. They are nice, slim, soft shooting pistols perfect for pocket carry with the smoothest da trigger I've ever shot. My p365 is also a great gun, but is a little too bulky for light summer shorts. Heavier work pants hide it better. I don't understand everyone bitching about the break in. 200 rounds is nothing serious and all carry guns should be broken in with at least that many before betting your life on it.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    I bought a pm9 used and it regularly is in the carry rotation. Never any problems with it. Also have a p380, purchased new for light summer carry, the only problem any of them have is when they collect enough sawdust laden pocket lint. It has to be blown off. Recently picked up an all metal k40 (my only 40 pistol) used which will be tested this week for carry reliability. They are nice, slim, soft shooting pistols perfect for pocket carry with the smoothest da trigger I've ever shot. My p365 is also a great gun, but is a little too bulky for light summer shorts. Heavier work pants hide it better. I don't understand everyone bitching about the break in. 200 rounds is nothing serious and all carry guns should be broken in with at least that many before betting your life on it.
    I didn't even have to do the break in on my CM9, was shooting fine from the first round.

(Monroe County)

Yes, my p380 ran everything flawlessly right from new. I did have some problems with it not returning to battery, but that was attributed to the above mentioned pocket lint.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    Yes, my p380 ran everything flawlessly right from new. I did have some problems with it not returning to battery, but that was attributed to the above mentioned pocket lint.
    So it wasn't flawless then, was it?

My dad had a CM9 and I hated it. I didn't like the trigger and it didn't fit my hand but the biggest problem I had with it was the huge gap between the frame and the base plate of the magazines. I constantly pinched the shit out of fingers while reloading that goddamn thing. I would still take it over the piece of shit carry gun I had at the time; Ruger LC9S. At least the Kahr's guide rod and magazine release never broke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast