Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Kahr CM9 - No love out there for Kahr

After a long absence due to work keeping me really busy, I'm back on here.

I've had the Kahr CM9 for a year now, put many rounds through it...keep it nice and tidy and the gun has not let me down at all. My new Sig P365 that I bought later on had problems with the slide not going all the way forward for a follow up shot within the first 5 minutes of shooting the gun. I don't know if that was a lack of lub being just poured on (I def put lube on the slide rails/guides). Anyway...the Kahr never has had one single issue, yet these guns get no praise or hype. I actually want to buy a PM9 down the road just to have another one.

Kahr owners, let's make some noise!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Kahr CM9 - No love out there for Kahr

Seriously? Kahrs are notorious for needing a few hundred rounds to break them in. I bought my CM9 used, so it was already broken in. It's been 100% reliable. But I bought a used Kahr P380 from Ace that didn't run, and after a couple of trips to their gunsmith, they took it back and gave me a discount on a new one. That one wasn't reliable until I broke it in.

My P365 didn't consistently go into battery when it was new, and I had to send it back. I had Sig install the redesigned striker too. It runs like a champ now.

I love my Kahrs, but my P365 has permanently replaced my CM9. How can you argue with a better trigger and four extra rounds?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Seriously? Kahrs are notorious for needing a few hundred rounds to break them in. I bought my CM9 used, so it was already broken in. It's been 100% reliable. But I bought a used Kahr P380 from Ace that didn't run, and after a couple of trips to their gunsmith, they took it back and gave me a discount on a new one. That one wasn't reliable until I broke it in.

My P365 didn't consistently go into battery when it was new, and I had to send it back. I had Sig install the redesigned striker too. It runs like a champ now.

I love my Kahrs, but my P365 has permanently replaced my CM9. How can you argue with a better trigger and four extra rounds?
    Well I carry a 5 shot j. 357
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

I feel like the Kahr is just outpaced by competitors with similar round count - G43, Shield, LC9s and XDs. And then it's left in the dust by the Hellcat and P365.

When I handled one years ago I liked it but never had the need to purchase. On a political note, Kahr is active in PA's fight for the right to keep and bear arms - so they are indeed a great company to support.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I feel like the Kahr is just outpaced by competitors with similar round count - G43, Shield, LC9s and XDs. And then it's left in the dust by the Hellcat and P365.

When I handled one years ago I liked it but never had the need to purchase. On a political note, Kahr is active in PA's fight for the right to keep and bear arms - so they are indeed a great company to support.
    Yep. I bought my CM9 in 2011. It's such a good gun that I never even thought about ditching it for a Shield, a G43, LC9 or an XD-S. But the minute I saw the P365, that was it. The poor CM9 hasn't been out of the safe since.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Yep. I bought my CM9 in 2011. It's such a good gun that I never even thought about ditching it for a Shield, a G43, LC9 or an XD-S. But the minute I saw the P365, that was it. The poor CM9 hasn't been out of the safe since.
    Same.

I've even purchased a second p365 to keep the kahr cm9 from getting lonely when I'm away.

(Chester County)

I*ve had three Kahrs, MK9, CT9, and still have the PM9. Never had any issues with any of them.
    Last edited by WoollyPullover; September 28th, 2020 at 08:58 PM.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Same.

I've even purchased a second p365 to keep the kahr cm9 from getting lonely when I'm away.
    My P365 actually replaced 2 guns - the CM9 and the M&P 9c. I bought a nice custom leather OWB holster that I use with the 12-round mag.

The M&P 9c didn't get the same love as the CM9, though. It was immediately booted out of the herd. It's sold. The Kahr, I'll keep.

(Allegheny County)

Bought my first kahr 20 years ago, a nickel k40.. excellent pistol.. last summer I bought a cw380, another excellent tiny pistol. Would love to add a cm9..

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    Bought my first kahr 20 years ago, a nickel k40.. excellent pistol.. last summer I bought a cw380, another excellent tiny pistol. Would love to add a cm9..
    Mine may be available soon with 4 mags, but I'm at the other end of the state

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast