Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Kahr CM9 - No love out there for Kahr

I bought a pm9 used and it regularly is in the carry rotation. Never any problems with it. Also have a p380, purchased new for light summer carry, the only problem any of them have is when they collect enough sawdust laden pocket lint. It has to be blown off. Recently picked up an all metal k40 (my only 40 pistol) used which will be tested this week for carry reliability. They are nice, slim, soft shooting pistols perfect for pocket carry with the smoothest da trigger I've ever shot. My p365 is also a great gun, but is a little too bulky for light summer shorts. Heavier work pants hide it better. I don't understand everyone bitching about the break in. 200 rounds is nothing serious and all carry guns should be broken in with at least that many before betting your life on it.

(Allegheny County)

In my opinion the Kahr PM/CM will never be beat for the niche they possess. "The best pocket 9". It is the smallest 9 mil handgun I can shoot well, just about as well as a full size auto and yet comfortably pocket carried it all day. It easily slips into all of my belted shorts and pants.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    Bought my first kahr 20 years ago, a nickel k40.. excellent pistol.. last summer I bought a cw380, another excellent tiny pistol. Would love to add a cm9..
    CM9 or PM9, you can't go wrong. Both quality guns. I hope Kahr makes 10 round mags and then it won't be a big deal about the P365 and 43x so much anymore.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by rich e View Post
    In my opinion the Kahr PM/CM will never be beat for the niche they possess. "The best pocket 9". It is the smallest 9 mil handgun I can shoot well, just about as well as a full size auto and yet comfortably pocket carried it all day. It easily slips into all of my belted shorts and pants.
    It is a great pocket gun, but they need to make higher capacity mags to stay competitive these days which is a shame, but the trend of where things are.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    I bought a pm9 used and it regularly is in the carry rotation. Never any problems with it. Also have a p380, purchased new for light summer carry, the only problem any of them have is when they collect enough sawdust laden pocket lint. It has to be blown off. Recently picked up an all metal k40 (my only 40 pistol) used which will be tested this week for carry reliability. They are nice, slim, soft shooting pistols perfect for pocket carry with the smoothest da trigger I've ever shot. My p365 is also a great gun, but is a little too bulky for light summer shorts. Heavier work pants hide it better. I don't understand everyone bitching about the break in. 200 rounds is nothing serious and all carry guns should be broken in with at least that many before betting your life on it.
    I didn't even have to do the break in on my CM9, was shooting fine from the first round.

(Monroe County)

Yes, my p380 ran everything flawlessly right from new. I did have some problems with it not returning to battery, but that was attributed to the above mentioned pocket lint.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    Yes, my p380 ran everything flawlessly right from new. I did have some problems with it not returning to battery, but that was attributed to the above mentioned pocket lint.
    So it wasn't flawless then, was it?

My dad had a CM9 and I hated it. I didn't like the trigger and it didn't fit my hand but the biggest problem I had with it was the huge gap between the frame and the base plate of the magazines. I constantly pinched the shit out of fingers while reloading that goddamn thing. I would still take it over the piece of shit carry gun I had at the time; Ruger LC9S. At least the Kahr's guide rod and magazine release never broke.

(Wayne County)

I run a PM9 with no problems.

(Allegheny County)

I don't have a CM9 but have carried a P9 Covert since 04.
    The gun was a problem out of the box.
    It had a double reset, the first of which didn't actually reset the system.
    Sent it back unfired.
    They replaced the trigger assembly, I believe polished the feed ramp, sent me $10 for my trouble and had about a 1 week turn
    around. Although I ran about 200 rounds, there were no issues
    after it came back.

My carry guns were Glock 32, 23 then 19.
    The P9 has been a primary, a backup, pocket carry, and mostly ankle carried when I worked.

The Covert is 6 and one so I've carried (2) 7 round mags for years.

I did come across a CW9 but its mostly a safe gun.

I like the Covert.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Cambria County)

I recently found Kahr's while in search of a good EDC. Even in the virus-related firearm price explosion they are reasonably priced. I've gotten an ST9 for $430 and a TP9 for $365, both plus transfer and shipping. For a quality firearm these days, that's very reasonable. I like the longer, DAO trigger and the slim, single stack profile. The trigger pull is phenomenally smooth, and leaves much less chance of an unintentional discharge. As for round capacity, the overwhelming number of shootings are going to be within 7 yards and less than 6 shots, so the Kahr has that covered. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them. And, I own, or have owned, a wide variety of firearms. Kahr is my go to for EDC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast