Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Wilderness and Remote First Aid class - November 7-8, 2020 - Gouldsboro, PA

Outdoor recreation can provide the setting for once-in-a-lifetime experiences for many people. However, it also comes with its own set of vulnerabilities and exposures, especially when access to definitive medical care is hours or days away. As such, Sandcut Outdoors is offering another Wilderness and Remote First Aid class for American Red Cross certification. This class will teach you the skills that you would need to be able to appropriately respond to a medical emergency in a delayed-care setting if one should occur on your next adventure or in your own back yard.

This class is designed for giving care when access to EMS is greater than 30 minutes(And if you think about it, much of PA is greater than 30 minutes to EMS services). The course will cover the fundamentals of delayed-care medicine and will include a combination of lecture and hands-on, skills-based scenarios. Topics covered will include managing group dynamics during a medical emergency, evacuation considerations, patient assessment, controlling bleeding and wound care, bone and joint injuries, head/neck/spinal injuries, cold and heat emergencies, altitude illnesses, patient stabilization and movement, cardiac and respiratory illness, allergic and metabolic emergencies and much more.

The WRFA class will be held on Saturday and Sunday, November 7 - 8, 2020 from 9 am to 6 pm each day.

An Adult CPR/AED class will be offered on Friday, November 6, 2020 from 5 pm to 8:30 pm for those requiring the certification as a prerequisite for the WRFA class or for anyone requiring Adult CPR/AED certification.

The cost for the course is as follows:

Wilderness and Remote First Aid only - $180 (for those already holding an Adult CPR/AED certification

WRFA + Adult CPR/AED* - $225 (both courses bundled for a substantial cost savings)

Adult CPR/AED only - $90 (for those needing only CPR training)

Class prerequisites:
    Must be at least 14 years old
    Must show proof of a current Adult CPR/AED certification *...

This class will be held at the Gouldsboro Volunteer Fire Company, 490 Main St., Gouldsboro, PA 18424.

To register for the course, send an email to
    SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com
    For questions call Mike at 570)955-8391 or email the address above.

Registration for this class will close on Saturday, October 30, 2020. Register early. This class fills quickly.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Wilderness and Remote First Aid class - November 7-8, 2020 - Gouldsboro, PA

After all that has happened this past year, I admit, I thought that I'd be seeing more of yinz signing up.

As such...........BUMP!

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Wilderness and Remote First Aid class - November 7-8, 2020 - Gouldsboro, PA

Last week to register for this class.

(Clinton County)

Wish I would have seen this sooner. I have a ConEd class on the 7th. Next time I'm sure I can get a group from our fire department to make the trip. I'm our training officer now so stuff like this is what I want to see people taking, nomatter how simple or advanced it may be it's still good practice.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Wish I would have seen this sooner. I have a ConEd class on the 7th. Next time I'm sure I can get a group from our fire department to make the trip. I'm our training officer now so stuff like this is what I want to see people taking, nomatter how simple or advanced it may be it's still good practice.
    If you can provide a minimum of 8 students (the minimum needed to run all of the skills sessions), I would willingly travel to you.

(Wayne County)

Just had a late cancellation due to work conflicts. Three seats open if anyone wants to jump in at the last minute. Please register no later than Monday.