Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: PA PICS Denial and Challenge Question - Wait until you hear this one!

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    OP gets in a bind
    OP comes here and asks for advice
    Every reply gives the same advice - Get a lawyer
    OP doesn*t want to listen to advice
    More replies give same advice & Phil*s contact info
    OP still doesn*t want the advice

Not sure what else can be accomplished here, pissing in the wind
    Sheds light on what let up to the "situation" poor decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by edb4164 View Post
    and also have a PA CWP)
    Really when did they come out?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Erie County)

Default Re: PA PICS Denial and Challenge Question - Wait until you hear this one!

Interesting question, Can I leave the ER before being discharge?

Googling this phrase, results show the answer to be Yes. Problem is, once triaged, you are responsible for the fee, and your insurance won't cover it, if you leaving against medical advice.

Anyway, if the ER doc feels you might be in jeopardy, then you get the 302, unless you skedaddle before seeing the Doc.

If the hospital in question can provide the info necessary, the PSP should be able to remove that 302 from the OP's background check. If the hospital can't provide the info, a lawyer can certainly find out why.

And again, anyway, like gyms, ERs aren't a place to heave your chest, unless you want to get hurt far worse. There is NO demanding, expecting the treatment you want, as much as being found NOT guilty at your own trial.

OP, good luck with whatever you decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lancaster County)

So I have a question for anyone that is looking to provide input.
    Plenty of input provided

Any advice, comments or feedback is GREATLY appreciated!
    Said input DEFINITELY not appreciated

(Bucks County)

This discussion does illustrate something that has puzzled me for some time; that being, what does PICS denial accomplish when the applicant already has guns. And waiting periods. And one gun per month limits.

Another puzzle is, when the hell is somebody going to do something about these many requirements that are in violation the 2nd Amendment?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    OP gets in a bind
    OP comes here and asks for advice
    Every reply gives the same advice - Get a lawyer
    OP doesn’t want to listen to advice
    More replies give same advice & Phil’s contact info
    OP still doesn’t want the advice

Not sure what else can be accomplished here, pissing in the wind
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    You may have just shed a little light on how the hospital visit went south in the first place.
    You two nailed it.

(Berks County)

Ed,

Realize that PSP is not your friend and that they don't care if you can own guns or not. They have a form or official notification from the County Mental Health Delegate and organization that you were committed. They have what they need to deny you ownership and the right to buy a gun. And if the denial makes it back to the Sheriff, you will next get a revocation letter for your license or denied when you reapply.

You have spoken to the hospital and County Mental Health organization and they claim they have nothing. One of them is lying. If your wife signed the 302 and a rescission of that 302, then you are going to need those forms to prove it happened. That paperwork has to be somewhere and if it isn't how are you going to prove your version of what happened.

Abraham Lincoln said "He who represents himself has a fool for a client.* You are in a battle with the State of Pennsylvania, the County where you live (They control or appoint the Mental Organization) and a Health Network. All of them have lawyers, and none of them Ed, give a shit about you or your issue. They are only worried about covering the ass of their responsible organization.

No way in hell, that I would not hire a lawyer to stop someone from denying me a right. And I am of the belief that the other players players won't play fair, or even care. I would be suing all of them over the idea that they used coercion and subterfuge to deny me my civil rights.

Remember you get one shot at making this right. Mess it up and you're screwed.

(Chester County)

Why did you go to the ER, what was wrong?

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrody View Post
    Why did you go to the ER, what was wrong?
    Refusal to listen to sound advice, based on the evidence provided

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    My thoughts as well.
    I went to the hospital for nausea. Was at a wedding the night before and we were out until late in the morning. Wife freaked out because I was vomiting quite badly. The doctor was more interested in talking to me about alcohol abuse (by the way I drink 2-3 times per year) than giving me an anti-emetic. Strange situation, but when I tried to leave, I simply wanted to go to another clinic.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by lager1829 View Post
    Plenty of input provided

Said input DEFINITELY not appreciated
    Plenty of pompous responses here for some reason. No one said I didn’t appreciate the comments. This statement you quoted me was in my original post.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast