Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: PA PICS Denial and Challenge Question - Wait until you hear this one!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You're really trusting that they're telling you the truth. Don't do that. You've already found that the hospital didn't have your best interests in mind. Do you think they're going to admit that they fucked up?
    I know they are not going to admit they fucked up, however I do have documentation from the county and the hospital showing no 302 on record. These are also the same entities that reported it to the PSP. The local delegate said when a 302 is filed, it is sent over immediately and the PSP never “recheck” to see what the actual outcome is. They go with the assumption that you were committed. Not rescinded later on. Just more information here.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: PA PICS Denial and Challenge Question - Wait until you hear this one!

Quote Originally Posted by edb4164 View Post
    I know they are not going to admit they fucked up, however I do have documentation from the county and the hospital showing no 302 on record. These are also the same entities that reported it to the PSP. The local delegate said when a 302 is filed, it is sent over immediately and the PSP never *recheck* to see what the actual outcome is. They go with the assumption that you were committed. Not rescinded later on. Just more information here.
    I'd say your best bet is to get a copy of the document that was signed by your wife, and whatever was done to "rescind" it. I would find it very difficult to believe that they don't have a copy of that document.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lackawanna County)

I'd say your best bet is to get a copy of the document that was signed by your wife, and whatever was done to "rescind" it. I would find it very difficult to believe that they don't have a copy of that document.
    Agreed. I think I have one better by having documentation I was never committed under Section 302. However, I agree no one has the copy of what she signed. Keep in mind, to obtain these records I needed to sign paperwork for release. So I believe legally the hospital must send me all the documentation they have on file. Same thing with the county. The county really has nothing to do with it, so I don’t think they’re trying to cover their ass. They just pass along the paperwork/filing for the 302 cases to the PSP.

(Butler County)

Agreed. I think I have one better by having documentation I was never committed under Section 302. However, I agree no one has the copy of what she signed. Keep in mind, to obtain these records I needed to sign paperwork for release. So I believe legally the hospital must send me all the documentation they have on file. Same thing with the county. The county really has nothing to do with it, so I don*t think they*re trying to cover their ass. They just pass along the paperwork/filing for the 302 cases to the PSP.
    Seriously, call Phil.
    -Brandon

(Montgomery County)

Agreed. I think I have one better by having documentation I was never committed under Section 302. However, I agree no one has the copy of what she signed. Keep in mind, to obtain these records I needed to sign paperwork for release. So I believe legally the hospital must send me all the documentation they have on file. Same thing with the county. The county really has nothing to do with it, so I don*t think they*re trying to cover their ass. They just pass along the paperwork/filing for the 302 cases to the PSP.
    Phil can tell you your best course of action before payment is involved.
    I strongly suggest you contact him immediately and follow his instructions.

You may get lucky and have an easy fix with no legal issues.
    Experience tells us you probably won't.

Please let us know how it works out for you when it's done.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

PickingPA Guest

OP gets in a bind
    OP comes here and asks for advice
    Every reply gives the same advice - Get a lawyer
    OP doesn’t want to listen to advice
    More replies give same advice & Phil’s contact info
    OP still doesn’t want the advice

Not sure what else can be accomplished here, pissing in the wind

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    OP gets in a bind
    OP comes here and asks for advice
    Every reply gives the same advice - Get a lawyer
    OP doesn*t want to listen to advice
    More replies give same advice & Phil*s contact info
    OP still doesn*t want the advice

Not sure what else can be accomplished here, pissing in the wind
    You may have just shed a little light on how the hospital visit went south in the first place.

(Berks County)

You're really trusting that they're telling you the truth. Don't do that. You've already found that the hospital didn't have your best interests in mind. Do you think they're going to admit that they fucked up?
    That is a very good point.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    You may have just shed a little light on how the hospital visit went south in the first place.
    My take as well

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    My thoughts as well.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast