Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default 5 Teens, 9 Men Charged In Major Bucks Co. Gun Trafficking Bust

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/newto...ign=newsletter

The group, including children as young as 14, purchased dozens of firearms before illegally reselling them on the streets, the DA said.

Officials pointed to the importance of the Electronic Record of Sale system in tracking the suspects and making the arrests. The case drew attention from state leaders who praised the work of law enforcement.

As I recall, the court ruled against the lawsuit brought against the ERS because, since it was not complete, it wasn't a registry. Maybe this can be revisited. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...

Bill

Default Re: 5 Teens, 9 Men Charged In Major Bucks Co. Gun Trafficking Bust

Wait, it’s my understanding that these sales records are required to be deleted within 72 hours if the purchase...

So with this news coming out, how long were they sitting on this sales data before they decided to investigate?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Wait, it*s my understanding that these sales records are required to be deleted within 72 hours if the purchase...

So with this news coming out, how long were they sitting on this sales data before they decided to investigate?
    That's the federal requirement, PA's state record of sales doesn't get pitched.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    That's the federal required for NICS (not PICS) information. All the information (pen and ink) is still at a FFL somewhere and stays there for a minimum of 20 years. The SP4-113 (Application/Record of Sale) for handguns and a few other firearms is put into a "sales" database. Right now the PSP is about 16-18 months backlogged in getting the paper copy transcribed into the database.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

All the perps were from Filthy and Norristown, and its a Bucks county gun ring???? The Patch are assholes.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    All the perps were from Filthy and Norristown, and its a Bucks county gun ring???? The Patch are assholes.
    Mayor Kenney is right. It*s all youz outsiders causing trouble in Philly.

JK

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Yes.....pure clickbait. None of the places mentioned are in Bucks. Most of Bucks is still kind of nice so when someone sees the title they are sure to click on it. I did. No one would bother if this happened in the usual shithole neighborhoods.

On Aug. 10, a shooting incident involving a 17-year-old took place in Norristown. When police searched the home, they said they found two weapons that had just been purchased that day by Anthony McCrary, 23, of Philadelphia.
    Thus far, six of the 44 firearms in question have been recovered, officials said: one was found during a shooting investigation in Cheltenham, one during a traffic stop in Abington, and four during various search warrants executed in Philadelphia.
    In addition to McCrary, the following individuals have been arrested and charged: Demetrius Huggins, 21, Shaireese Liles, 21, Terrence Barker, 19, Clarence Codada, 18, John McDonald, 21, and Jamil Brown, 18, all of Philadelphia. In addition, Mikal Scott, 18, of Cheltenham, and Ashon Pearson, 23, of Norristown, were also taken into custody, along with four other teens, including a 17-year-old from Norristown.
    all of the other suspects were booked at Montgomery County Correctional Facility.

I think I know a way of making them remember and tell who they sold the other guns to.

I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Don't suppose anybody knows which shop/s they were buying at?

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    How is this not a registry of firearm owners in PA then? They have every piece of info they need for it to be...name, address, SSN, make/model of the firearm purchased, serial number of said purchase...and it’s been struck down as legal? :wtf: I’m aware the 4113 carries for 20 years on paper with the FFL and the ATF but how is it legal for PA to put this stuff in A database?

This doesn’t apply to long guns in PA correct? Only handguns? From my transfers yesterday I’m to understand they don’t follow long gun purchase in PA due to not needing the extra form filled out that handguns require?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast