Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Moonclip Server Users

Anyone out there using the Moonclip server for competition? My daughter gave me one for my birthday but she didn't get it set up for 9mm so the rims seem to overlap the wrong way. I've made a pattern for separators but I'll have to cut them out of a fairly stiff slick plastic. I'ts a pretty slick idea and should work out OK. The only down-side is now I need a belt to hold up my revolver holster and ammo and suspenders to hold up my pants!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Default Re: Moonclip Server Users

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Anyone out there using the Moonclip server for competition? My daughter gave me one for my birthday but she didn't get it set up for 9mm so the rims seem to overlap the wrong way. I've made a pattern for separators but I'll have to cut them out of a fairly stiff slick plastic. I'ts a pretty slick idea and should work out OK. The only down-side is now I need a belt to hold up my revolver holster and ammo and suspenders to hold up my pants!
    Never heard of them until just now. Looks like their website is gone and is now just parked. Not sure if they still make them anymore.

When I shot revolver in competition, I just used a bunch of the single post type holders from Revolver Supply for my moon clips. Worked well enough for me, especially since I kept all of my moon clips in front of, and just aft of my holster, on my left side. I never wore anything at the very front of my belt. Speaking of belts, I too wore suspenders to keep everything up. It really helped reduce fatigue after a long day of running and gunning.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Never heard of them until just now. Looks like their website is gone and is now just parked. Not sure if they still make them anymore.

When I shot revolver in competition, I just used a bunch of the single post type holders from Revolver Supply for my moon clips. Worked well enough for me, especially since I kept all of my moon clips in front of, and just aft of my holster, on my left side. I never wore anything at the very front of my belt. Speaking of belts, I too wore suspenders to keep everything up. It really helped reduce fatigue after a long day of running and gunning.
    Yes I'm familiar with the posts. I've been using clip types they work OK. but I have to have different ones for each caliber. The biggest advantage with the server is the next reload is in the same place each time. Familiar with revolver supply too! I just bought their "Ultimate Moon Clip Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Yes I'm familiar with the posts. I've been using clip types they work OK. but I have to have different ones for each caliber. The biggest advantage with the server is the next reload is in the same place each time. Familiar with revolver supply too! I just bought their "Ultimate Moon Clip Tool.
    I've got a bunch of different moon clip loaders, but not the Ultimate Moon Clip Tool. I use the one from TK Customs a lot, since I can switch between .45 ACP and .40S&W/10mm arbors quickly. I have one from BMT, that works great. Twist one direction and all rounds are loaded. Twist the other direction and the moon clip is unloaded. Only problem is it's too damn bulky.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I've got a bunch of different moon clip loaders, but not the Ultimate Moon Clip Tool. I use the one from TK Customs a lot, since I can switch between .45 ACP and .40S&W/10mm arbors quickly. I have one from BMT, that works great. Twist one direction and all rounds are loaded. Twist the other direction and the moon clip is unloaded. Only problem is it's too damn bulky.
    I believe I've see similar to the BMT. But as I recall it was caliber specific and close to a C-note per issue. Since I do .38/.357, 9mm and 45 ACP that's pretty pricey! Revolver supply seems like a pretty decent outfit and they have a few other dodads I might invest in.....if my club continues the competitions!