Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 269 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

IF Kyle Rittenhouse gets convicted of any of the charges. Will that be the hill for all you "not the hill to die on" people ??
    --ET

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    IF Kyle Rittenhouse gets convicted of any of the charges. Will that be the hill for all you "not the hill to die on" people ??
    It should be, considering our right to defend ourselves will be gone. But if Biden wins, this hill will be overshadowed compared to others that will get bigger.
    -Brandon

(Chester County)

whoever wins may be "the hill" for a ton of fools out there

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I think either way the election goes, President Trump will pardon him of the murder & assault. He should face charges on the weapons. Although... if they are stating he is underage because he is 17, than ergo, he should be tried in JUVENILE court...as he is UNDERAGE..... Right? Uhhhh, what am I missing here Demoncrats?
    I think he was already cleared of the firearms charges, or maybe never even charged with anything related to possession of a firearm, since the gun did not travel across state lines.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    It damned well better be for the people in that State.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Looks like Lin Wood is incompetent. He botched the extradition fight, and missed his chance to request a stay. Kyle kas been extradited, and is sitting in an adult prison in Kenosha. Half of the $2M is already gone.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Looks like Lin Wood is incompetent. He botched the extradition fight, and missed his chance to request a stay. Kyle kas been extradited, and is sitting in an adult prison in Kenosha. Half of the $2M is already gone.

The Full Faith & Credit clause makes most interstate extradition battles hopeless for the defendant.

Not sure where a million dollars went, unless he hired an army of investigators to dig up more videos.

BTW, I wouldn't risk death and ruination of my family because the local Wisconsin DA is crooked. It takes more than that to get me to the mattresses. Same reason none of us here are fighting the Burmese army right now. Not our fight. Kick in some money, maybe, but not time to cammie-up and slot any floppies.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Jefferson County)

Extradition is just a formality hearing these days. It hearkens back to the time when each state was practically its own country(technically still is). It isn't a trial or evidence hearing, and basically the only argument a person has against being extradited is if your civil rights will be violated in the state that is trying to get you. (example: if South Caroline re-instituted slavery, and a slave ran away to Pennsylvania with South Carolina trying to retrieve you)

Practically all interstate extraditions are upheld.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The Full Faith & Credit clause makes most interstate extradition battles hopeless for the defendant.

Not sure where a million dollars went, unless he hired an army of investigators to dig up more videos.

BTW, I wouldn't risk death and ruination of my family because the local Wisconsin DA is crooked. It takes more than that to get me to the mattresses. Same reason none of us here are fighting the Burmese army right now. Not our fight. Kick in some money, maybe, but not time to cammie-up and slot any floppies.
    Listening to Mr. Barnes it sounds like Kyle needs better representation in court. I hope this kid hasn't made a mistake by hiring representation that only cares about the court of public opinion.

As an aside, it would be nice to see the Art. IV Full Faith and Credit Clause used to force all anti-gun states like MD, a state that has no reciprocity with 49 other states, into full reciprocity, the way it was used to force gay marriage upon states opposed.

Maybe PAFOA needs to raise a ton of money and find someone with a LTCF and squeaky clean record to speed down I-81.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Listening to Mr. Barnes it sounds like Kyle needs better representation in court. I hope this kid hasn't made a mistake by hiring representation that only cares about the court of public opinion.

As an aside, it would be nice to see the Art. IV Full Faith and Credit Clause used to force all anti-gun states like MD, a state that has no reciprocity with 49 other states, into full reciprocity, the way it was used to force gay marriage upon states opposed.

Maybe PAFOA needs to raise a ton of money and find someone with a LTCF and squeaky clean record to speed down I-81.
    Full Faith & Credit doesn't let one state supersede the laws and police powers of another state; if Utah outlawed alcohol and you have a PA liquor license, you don't get to open a bar in Utah. And back when the drinking age in NJ was lower than PA's, PA resident weren't bound by PA's laws while in NJ. They could also gamble in Atlantic City without violating PA's gambling laws. At the same time, a lawful debt incurred in AC for gambling losses, would be enforceable back in PA under FF&C, if you got a NJ court judgment.

FF&C refers more to status things, like a felony conviction in PA means you have a record if you're in NJ, and getting married in Vegas means you're still married in PA. What you're talking about is overriding the police powers of another state.

What WOULD work would be a Federal law requiring all states to recognize the carry permits of any other state, the way the 1986 FOPA interstate carry provisions override state laws under limited circumstances. Then you're in the Supremacy Clause territory.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 2 of 269 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast