Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 85
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    1,054
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    IF Kyle Rittenhouse gets convicted of any of the charges. Will that be the hill for all you "not the hill to die on" people ??
    --ET

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    19189308

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    IF Kyle Rittenhouse gets convicted of any of the charges. Will that be the hill for all you "not the hill to die on" people ??
    It should be, considering our right to defend ourselves will be gone. But if Biden wins, this hill will be overshadowed compared to others that will get bigger.
    -Brandon


  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    SEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    4683730

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    whoever wins may be "the hill" for a ton of fools out there

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I think either way the election goes, President Trump will pardon him of the murder & assault. He should face charges on the weapons. Although... if they are stating he is underage because he is 17, than ergo, he should be tried in JUVENILE court...as he is UNDERAGE..... Right? Uhhhh, what am I missing here Demoncrats?
    I think he was already cleared of the firearms charges, or maybe never even charged with anything related to possession of a firearm, since the gun did not travel across state lines.
    Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? - J.R.R. Tolkien

    http://www.compassion.com/ See how God loves children

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland Mills, Pennsylvania
    (Juniata County)
    Posts
    3,921
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    IF Kyle Rittenhouse gets convicted of any of the charges. Will that be the hill for all you "not the hill to die on" people ??
    It damned well better be for the people in that State.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

    "I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    5,403
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    Looks like Lin Wood is incompetent. He botched the extradition fight, and missed his chance to request a stay. Kyle kas been extradited, and is sitting in an adult prison in Kenosha. Half of the $2M is already gone.


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,849
    Rep Power
    21474863

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Looks like Lin Wood is incompetent. He botched the extradition fight, and missed his chance to request a stay. Kyle kas been extradited, and is sitting in an adult prison in Kenosha. Half of the $2M is already gone.

    The Full Faith & Credit clause makes most interstate extradition battles hopeless for the defendant.

    Not sure where a million dollars went, unless he hired an army of investigators to dig up more videos.

    BTW, I wouldn't risk death and ruination of my family because the local Wisconsin DA is crooked. It takes more than that to get me to the mattresses. Same reason none of us here are fighting the Burmese army right now. Not our fight. Kick in some money, maybe, but not time to cammie-up and slot any floppies.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    There's merit to carrying your backup mag in a backup gun.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    48
    Posts
    19,122
    Rep Power
    21474870

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    Extradition is just a formality hearing these days. It hearkens back to the time when each state was practically its own country(technically still is). It isn't a trial or evidence hearing, and basically the only argument a person has against being extradited is if your civil rights will be violated in the state that is trying to get you. (example: if South Caroline re-instituted slavery, and a slave ran away to Pennsylvania with South Carolina trying to retrieve you)


    Practically all interstate extraditions are upheld.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J.

    Don't end up in my signature!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    2,018
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The Full Faith & Credit clause makes most interstate extradition battles hopeless for the defendant.

    Not sure where a million dollars went, unless he hired an army of investigators to dig up more videos.

    BTW, I wouldn't risk death and ruination of my family because the local Wisconsin DA is crooked. It takes more than that to get me to the mattresses. Same reason none of us here are fighting the Burmese army right now. Not our fight. Kick in some money, maybe, but not time to cammie-up and slot any floppies.
    Listening to Mr. Barnes it sounds like Kyle needs better representation in court. I hope this kid hasn't made a mistake by hiring representation that only cares about the court of public opinion.

    As an aside, it would be nice to see the Art. IV Full Faith and Credit Clause used to force all anti-gun states like MD, a state that has no reciprocity with 49 other states, into full reciprocity, the way it was used to force gay marriage upon states opposed.

    Maybe PAFOA needs to raise a ton of money and find someone with a LTCF and squeaky clean record to speed down I-81.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,849
    Rep Power
    21474863

    Default Re: NFGR/NAGR raises 50,000 to defend Kyle Rittenhouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Listening to Mr. Barnes it sounds like Kyle needs better representation in court. I hope this kid hasn't made a mistake by hiring representation that only cares about the court of public opinion.

    As an aside, it would be nice to see the Art. IV Full Faith and Credit Clause used to force all anti-gun states like MD, a state that has no reciprocity with 49 other states, into full reciprocity, the way it was used to force gay marriage upon states opposed.

    Maybe PAFOA needs to raise a ton of money and find someone with a LTCF and squeaky clean record to speed down I-81.
    Full Faith & Credit doesn't let one state supersede the laws and police powers of another state; if Utah outlawed alcohol and you have a PA liquor license, you don't get to open a bar in Utah. And back when the drinking age in NJ was lower than PA's, PA resident weren't bound by PA's laws while in NJ. They could also gamble in Atlantic City without violating PA's gambling laws. At the same time, a lawful debt incurred in AC for gambling losses, would be enforceable back in PA under FF&C, if you got a NJ court judgment.

    FF&C refers more to status things, like a felony conviction in PA means you have a record if you're in NJ, and getting married in Vegas means you're still married in PA. What you're talking about is overriding the police powers of another state.

    What WOULD work would be a Federal law requiring all states to recognize the carry permits of any other state, the way the 1986 FOPA interstate carry provisions override state laws under limited circumstances. Then you're in the Supremacy Clause territory.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    There's merit to carrying your backup mag in a backup gun.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: October 1st, 2020, 08:33 PM
  2. GOA Speaks Out on Kyle Rittenhouse
    By vfinnell in forum National
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: August 31st, 2020, 07:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •