Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 269 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, Kenosha, Wisconsin update thread.

#FuckYes!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Robert Barnes
    @barnes_law

Today, the Kenosha County Court rejected the false claims of the District Attorney's office, denied their motion for arrest, denied their motion to increase bail, and denied their request to publicly release Rittenhouse's address. #KyleRittenhouse
    What does this mean?
    denied their motion for arrest
    Were there additional charges filed or does this dismiss his case?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    What does this mean? Were there additional charges filed or does this dismiss his case?
    They wanted to re-arrest him for their false claim that he didn't disclose his new address, then raise his bail.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    They wanted to re-arrest him for their false claim that he didn't disclose his new arrest, then raise his bail.
    What was his new arrest for?

What was his new arrest for?
    Sorry, corrected my post. For violating terms of his bail by not disclosing his new ADDRESS. I said "arrest" by accident. That was a false claim.

(Berks County)

Sorry, corrected my post. For violating terms of his bail by not disclosing his new ADDRESS. I said "arrest" by accident. That was a false claim.
    OK, I thought I was following this closely so a new arrest escaping my eye had me wondering if it was time for a home.

OK, I thought I was following this closely so a new arrest escaping my eye had me wondering if it was time for a home.
    No, DA was playing fuck fuck games. She failed.

(York County)

No, DA was playing fuck fuck games. She failed.
    Exactly, the court saw through the BS and lies of the DA.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Robert Barnes
    @barnes_law

Today, the Kenosha County Court rejected the false claims of the District Attorney's office, denied their motion for arrest, denied their motion to increase bail, and denied their request to publicly release Rittenhouse's address. #KyleRittenhouse

Also stated the DA had no need to know the address, and as much as said giving it to them would cause violence.

Judge declines new arrest warrant for Kyle Rittenhouse

Thu, February 11, 2021, 5:43 AM
    MADISON, Wis. (AP) * A judge on Thursday refused prosecutors* request to issue a new arrest warrant for an 18-year-old from Illinois accused of killing two people during a police brutality protest in Wisconsin last summer.

Kenosha County Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger alleged that Kyle Rittenhouse failed to update his address when he moved out of his Antioch apartment in November, amounting to a bail violation.

In addition to a new arrest warrant, Binger asked Judge Bruce Schroeder to increase Rittenhouse's bail by $200,000. Rittenhouse's attorneys countered that Rittenhouse is in hiding due to threats.

Schroeder refused both of Binger's requests. During a testy hearing the judge said people out on bail often fail to update their addresses and aren't arrested. He ordered Rittenhouse attorney Mark Richards to turn over Rittenhouse's current physical address but said it would be sealed to the public and only he and the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department would have access to it.

The judge refused to give Binger the address, saying he didn't want more violence in Kenosha. The move * and the comment * left Binger flabbergasted.

*I hope you're not suggesting sharing this with our office would lead to further violence,* Binger said. *We are not the public. We are the prosecuting agency. I have never heard of a situation where the information has been withheld from my office."

Schroeder said the sheriff could handle any further bail violations. Binger countered that Rittenhouse doesn't live in Kenosha County so the sheriff can't touch him. Schroeder cut Binger off in mid-sentence and ended the hearing.

According to prosecutors, Rittenhouse, who is white, came to Kenosha on Aug. 25 to protect businesses as the city was in the throes of chaotic protests after a white police officer shot Jacob Blake, who is Black, in the back during a domestic disturbance. Rittenhouse was 17 at the time.

Rittenhouse allegedly opened fire on protesters Joseph Rosenbaum, Anthony Huber and Gaige Grosskreutz with an AR-15-style rifle. Rosenbaum and Huber were killed. Grosskreutz was wounded.

Rittenhouse faces multiple charges, including two homicide counts. He has argued he fired in self-defense after the protesters attacked him.

Black Lives Matter supporters have painted him as a trigger-happy white supremacist, but some conservatives see him as a symbol for gun rights and have rallied around him, generating $2 million for his bail in November.

Binger said he suspected that Rittenhouse had moved in November but it wasn't confirmed until a hearing notice was returned as undeliverable in January and detectives subsequently found someone else living there.

Richards acknowledged that he should have updated the address but stressed that Rittenhouse has made every court appearance and isn't a flight risk.

*We have nothing to fear,* Richards said. *The truth will set my client free.*

Last month, Rittenhouse was captured on video at a Wisconsin bar wearing a T-shirt that read *Free as (expletive),* drinking and flashing white supremacist signs. Five men serenaded with him a song that has become the anthem for neo-fascist group The Proud Boys. He could legally drink in the bar because he was with his mother.

Huber's father, John, told the judge during the hearing that he thinks Rittenhouse's bail should be set at $4 million.

*How would you feel if the killer of your son was just able to walk free and make videos in bars and just live it up?* he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rittenhou...104353204.html
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Wait what? Legally allowed to drink in a bar at 18?

And of course yahoo/AP had to throw in the race card.

I’m glad this kid is out and things are moving forward in his favor.

Page 12 of 269 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast