Has anybody bothered to measure their trigger pull weights?

I did tonight on a few guns that were upgraded and what i found was interesting.

1. The cz 75 spring kit from m carbo delivered in the range advertised for single action but nowhere near it for double action. The double action trigger did improve with the kit to be fair, but it averages above the 12 pound pull limit of the gauge. It is fortunately a very smooth trigger. Just heavy.

2. The timney 3lb impact trigger measured 4lb 12oz on average over 5 shots with the lowest seen weight being 4lb 4oz. Not even close to 3lb.

3. The kidd 2.5lb trigger on my 10/22 measures right around 4lb. It is a great trigger and I'm pretty sure it is adjustable. But i haven't messed with it. The point is, it is supposed to be set at the factory.

I know where the gauge is on the trigger makes a difference on the measure, but given that fact, are they just taking measurements from the absolute tip of the trigger? It seems a lot like gas mileage on a car, wattage on a stereo, or walkie talkie range in that the measurement is a best case scenario and the reality is always something else.

-Zach