... is apparently utter dog shit. I bought this upper from what I thought was a premium quality manufacturer with complete confidence and then when I went to shoot it, the short version is that it doesn't work. The problem is apparently that the rifle is undergassed to the point that it's effectively a single shot rifle even with the gas port opened up to 100%. I started 1 position from fully closed, fired 1 round, bolt didn't lock back, didn't even eject the round, and I wasn't upset yet; I expected it to not work on that setting. Anyway, I repeat that process 7 or 8 more times and at the point I realized my gas block was 100% open and continued to have rounds repeatedly fail to even fucking knock the gun out of battery, I got pretty angry. I was using a standard weight carbine buffer and strike industries flatwire buffer spring. I never even got around to testing the Omni Robusta MARRS magnetic buffer I brought with me.

I messaged POF support when I got home and this is the conversation that followed. Here's what I sent.

Right away, I'm fucking annoyed with this person. The way I read this is that it's dismissive and this person thinks they know everything about everything. They start right off saying the ammunition I was using doesn't exist (even though I spelled it with an extra C) and implying that the other ammunition is just underpowered junk. This is the same junk that was so underpowered that I had to put an adjustable block on my other 7.62 upper because it was WAY overgassed as discussed in the thread here in the rifle sub forum.

My response is at the bottom, they are at the top. By the way, do a search right now for "geco 7.62x39" and you'll get plenty of results.

Also, you know, because it doesn't exist ...

Anyway, this whole experience with buying a high end upper to see if there's really any difference between it and what I built myself has been a spectacular failure. At least they responded quickly though I guess? My next response in so many words is going to be saying that I'd rather just send it back for a refund. We'll see how that goes. Now to take my flash hider, rail covers, 510C, dust cover, and vertical grip off of it and put the factory shit back on ... fun ...