Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: .22lr pistol (budget) suggestions

Another vote for S&W M&P22 compact. Not quite in your budget but mine has been 100% reliable with even the cheapest ammo. It's actually very impressive for a run of the mill rimfire pistol.
    I think, within your budget, the Taurus TX22 would be a solid choice. I've never shot one but they get good reviews. If I were in the market the TX would be in the top three beside the M&P and SW.
    The Hostler

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    +1 on this. Not really budget, but well worth the price. Easy takedown, shoots everything, and is a nice looking pistol. I lost track at 5K rounds without a hiccup. Including some Thunderturds. (don't use them in this gun though)
    Accurate as a mofo...runs my cheap ass win white box bulk with no issues. Can be had pretty cheap if you buy used (and can find someone to part with one)...$300 or less. Not much more than the Taurus and worth waiting for.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Ruger, Browning or High Standard
    The High Standard Double Nine and Sentinel are pretty decently built older 9-shot DA revolvers. Not sure what they are going for since the COVID nonsense began, but I got a Sentinel for $200. Seems pretty reliable and fairly accurate. The Rough Rider is appropriately named, and SA. And I just can't see spending the asking price for something like a Single Six.

https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/HSD9/hsd9.html
    https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Sentinel/sentinel.html

(Bucks County)

I have a Sig 1911/22, runs fine with HV bulk ammo. Lots of upgrades out there for them. For actual Budget choices, the Kel-Tec p17 or Phoenix Arms HP22 or GSG Firefly.
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Pike County)

If you're thinking single action revolver........Ruger's Wrangler is a seriously fun gun to shoot.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by W2MC View Post
    If you're thinking single action revolver........Ruger's Wrangler is a seriously fun gun to shoot.
    I was considering a Heritage Rough Rider a while back, before I settled on the Star. It's definitely an option, as is the wrangler, but I'd rather go with something semi-auto.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by carwash View Post
    I have a Sig 1911/22, runs fine with HV bulk ammo. Lots of upgrades out there for them. For actual Budget choices, the Kel-Tec p17 or Phoenix Arms HP22 or GSG Firefly.
    I heard some stuff about the firefly, something about them blowing up in people's hands, so I haven't really looked at it much, but that's good to know about the 1911-22. I've seen the GSG go for anywhere from $225-$300.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSchnitzel View Post
    I was considering a Heritage Rough Rider a while back, before I settled on the Star. It's definitely an option, as is the wrangler, but I'd rather go with something semi-auto.
    The rough rider is ok for a knockabout gun...if I had to do it over again though I’d spend the extra $ on the wrangler or the vaquero

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSchnitzel View Post
    I purchased a Heritage last year and it's a complete POS. While Heritage it willing to take it back and look it the buyer has to pay the freight each way which would add up to almost half of what the turd costs. So my opinion is go with the Ruger Wrangler since they have better customer service and warranty repairs.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Kel Tec P-17. Best $200 I've spent this year. 17 rounds of fun, fun, fun. It's ugly as fuck, but it just eats everything.

Taurus TX22 and the Kel Tec CP33 are also excellent choices. Both have run been rock solid performers for me.

Ruger MK IV. Don't own one, but I have two MK III 22/45 pistols. Good guns. A bit heavy, but decent overall. The MK IV resolved a lot of the shortcomings of the previous MK pistols. Easier to take down to clean, no LCI to affect feeding, true ambi safety etc.
    +1 keltec p17 cant believe how cheap but feature packed this gun is and comes with extra mags! my lcp 2 22lr has been flawless and incredibly fun too... got a 4.5" sr22 on the way!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast