Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Arizona non-res cc permit process and wait time

Took 64 days from start to finish to get my Arizona non-resident CC permit. Nice thing about AZ is no need for a picture. Do need to get fingerprints though, and finding an agency to do it during the CHICOM flu is a challenge. Fortunately, they send finger print cards when you request a package and apparently it doesn't need to be a law enforcement agency who does the prints. Had mine done at Kings Shooter's Supply in KoP. Don't make my mistake and not follow the very specific directions on how to fill out the print cards. For instance, Place of Birth is State (or Country) not City and State, or hair color brown is Bro not Brn, etc. I filled out mine at Kings when getting prints done but didn't have the directions with me. My package was returned by AZ for re-do.

In any case, I got the AZ permit after my Florida non-res permit expired to carry in Delaware as I live right on the border. Arizona also gets you New Mexico, Nebraska and Nevada (beyond PA LTCF). Only one the popular Utah permit gets you beyond those is Washington state and who in their right mind wants to go there anyway these days? The fee is $60.00 and you must have acceptable training documentation or a DD-214.

Oh yeah, got my package returned twice! The first time, I sent a copy of my DD-214 which did not show my Honorable Discharge (Member Copy-1 I think it was). Must send DD-214 Member Copy-4 which shows the Character of Service, e.g., Honorable.

Last edited by Gman106; September 15th, 2020 at 09:29 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt