Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default Re: Heritage rough rider cylinder lock up issue

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Try different ammo. The different bullet design and lube on its surface might make a difference.
    So I found this thread while searchin for posts about jamming Heritage pistols.

After fireing a friends rough rider 6" I fell in love and bought (that day) a 4.75".....

My first trip to the range was mixed.....

Ran 18 22Mags thru it and WOW>...loved it.

Then started running some 22LRs (remington Viper) thru it and jamming every other round....

Was worried it was the pistol....and it bummed me out big time.....but....

Took it out today with the same friend and some new ammo to try. This time I had some Aguila and he had some Amcor......

NEITHER of those jammed ....not even once......I ran 6 pf the AMSCOR and about 50+ of the aguila....NO ISSUES.

Then I ran some of the viper.....FIRST SHOT JAMMED. Switched back to Aguila...no issues.....back to viper...JAM.

Then my friend tried the viper rounds in his 6".....JAMMED.

So in MY case its the ammo....

We looked closely and the Viper ammo is bulging (after being fired) at the top right under the rim/head. And that bumps it up just enough from the port in the cylinder to jam when it advances.

Here are some pictures we took.

The red circle is the two fired rounds...first one fired and sort of got tight, second one jammed.

The bulge can be seen on the LEFT spent case.....compared to an unfired Remington Viper. Cheap brass maybe?

rem viper 22LR mushroomed head.JPGrem viper 22LR after fire 2 on right in cylinder.JPG
    Last edited by shadango; November 20th, 2020 at 07:58 PM.