Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default Heritage rough rider cylinder lock up issue

Picked up a 4” 6 shot rough rider recently to plink and squirrel hunt with (because, well, 12ga is just so hard to use for squirrel :facepalm: ). Having some minor issues with it and wondering if anyone else has run into this...I’m not a revolver guy, have shot them but this is pretty much the first one I’ve owned that I actually bought with a purpose in mind.

Yes, I’m aware it’s a cheap gun. That was the point. It’s gonna get abused...pot metal pistols 🤣

22lr cylinder works perfectly fine, no issues.

The problem lies with the 22 WMR cylinder. Sometimes after 3-4 rounds it locks up and won’t advance the cylinder. Almost like a case is hanging up. So far it’s happened mainly with CCI Maxi Mags and I noticed 3-4 of them had cases split/ruptured at the strike point. Switched to Aguila rounds and same thing but not as bad. Maybe 1-2 faults. It only seems to happen until things “warm up” after a few cylinders run thru it. I’ve made sure that the rounds are seating fully and after I run 1-2 through the cylinder it’s almost like I’m kicking the rounds out and causing the jam due to recoil.

Any ideas? Maybe I’m limp wristing? Bad/old ammo?

Inspection of the cylinder looks ok. No burrs, timing seems ok. I did file down a small burr at the loading gate As well as a lip inside the top of the cylinder (casting remnants).
    Last edited by HanzMcFeely; September 14th, 2020 at 09:18 AM.