Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Default Take action on PA House Bill 1747 emergency powers

https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/9107

In June, the Pennsylvania House passed Emergency Powers Legislation, House Bill 1747. Earlier this week, the Senate Judiciary Committee inched this critical Second Amendment legislation one step closer to final passage on a 9 to 5 vote. This important legislation will allow Pennsylvania to join the growing list of states which are protecting Second Amendment rights when a state of emergency is declared.

House Bill 1747 prevents the Governor from suspending or limiting the sale, dispensing or transportation of firearms during a declared emergency. It would also remove the carry prohibitions that exist with exemptions.

Governors across the country have declared states of emergency in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, bringing renewed attention to the broad powers being exercised by Executives.

NRA has worked during this unprecedented public health crisis to ensure the constitutional rights of citizens are not infringed by fighting against gun store and range closures and combating overreaching executive authority.

House Bill 1747 next moves to the Senate floor for a full vote. Please contact your State Senator and respectfully request that they vote in favor of HB 1747.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Butler County)

Default Re: Take action on PA House Bill 1747 emergency powers

I'm sorry there's just no way King Wolf doesn't veto this, as he's done with every other bill presented to him that actually betters his subjects. And this one won't be veto proof like all the other ones that "should have been" too.
    -Brandon

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    I'm sorry there's just no way King Wolf doesn't veto this, as he's done with every other bill presented to him that actually betters his subjects. And this one won't be veto proof like all the other ones that "should have been" too.
    Sadly, this is exactly how I see it too.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    I forget which bill but a few years ago there was a pro gun bill he did not veto but he did not sign it either. After a certain amount of days, it automatically becomes law if no action is taken by the governor. Maybe it was the semi auto hunting bill? Can*t recall the exact thing. Also, he has been extending people*s license to carry who are up for renewal, what, 3 times now? I*m not a fan of Wolf and no he isn*t pro gun really but I try to be objective.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    I forget which bill but a few years ago there was a pro gun bill he did not veto but he did not sign it either. After a certain amount of days, it automatically becomes law if no action is taken by the governor. Maybe it was the semi auto hunting bill? Can*t recall the exact thing. Also, he has been extending people*s license to carry who are up for renewal, what, 3 times now? I*m not a fan of Wolf and no he isn*t pro gun really but I try to be objective.
    It's not so much the pro-gun/anti-gun stance, but limiting his power. No, Wolf is not a pro-2A governor but a bill that supports gun owners AND takes away his power? I just can't see it happening.
    -Brandon