Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Cannot apply for LTCF for 5 months?

I would like to apply for a license to carry firearms. According to the Chester County Sheriff’s Department website, applications will be accepted by appointments only. The first appointment available is 2/10/2021. Is this legal because of the pandemic? Would it be legal otherwise? Do i have any recourse to obtain a license to carry earlier than 2/10/2021 + 45 days?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Cannot apply for LTCF for 5 months?

I just updated here:
    https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...69#post4274769

Fill out all the paperwork and walk into the courthouse towards the end of the day. It worked for the guy behind me apparently...

I was just in the Chesco sheriffs office yesterday for a 3:15pm appointment (that was booked back in early July). New/renewal is the same process. Call them or schedule via their website ASAP.

The officer I spoke with yesterday said they are scheduling into February 2021. Good luck.

EDIT: There was another guy behind me in line @ 3:10 just outside the entrance doors into the sheriffs office. I overheard him talking to the female officer checking applications behind me; Female officer checked his name and notified him he wasn't on their list of people scheduled for the day; he said he was told by so and so to show up @ 3:15. Female officer relayed the info to the other officers behind the desks inside the sheriffs office...they looked around the office (it's just me) and allowed him to enter to submit his application after I left.

I'm almost positive this guy just walked up at the end of the day and BS'd his way in.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

(Juniata County)

No. It is not legal. Period. End of story.

Go in and hand them the application. Record it.

If they refuse, sue the deputy, the sheriff and the county, and file a federal civil rights lawsuit, then file a criminal complaint for official oppression under color of law with the district attorney.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Yesterday I contacted the Delaware County Sheriff’s Department because the county website says to call to make an appointment to apply for a license to carry permit. I was told to come in with my application on, get this...March 2nd, 2021. This is pretty outrageous. This doesn’t seem right...Does this go against the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania constitution ?

I know it’s 45 days after applying, but can they really make us wait that long to have the right to protect ourselves without breaking any laws of our own accord ?

Best Regards,
    Dave

David Larkins
    65gtotrips@gmail.com
    Call/Text to:
    (610) 842-7905

(Chester County)

The Sheriff*s Office is required by statute to issue or refuse a license on the basis of an investigation within 45 days. The statute says, *Upon receipt of an application**the Sheriff shall, with 45 days, issue or refuse*.*
    The definition of receipt is the action of receiving something or the fact of its being received.
    If you walk up to any deputy and hand them an application, they are in receipt of the application and shall complete an investigation and required to grant or deny the license within 45 days. I suggest the following:
    1. Find a Deputy Sheriff
    2. Politely hand them a completed application in an envelope addressed to the Sheriff, marked *time sensitive* to include the date
    3. Advise the Deputy that they are now in receipt of a LTCF application
    4. Send the Sheriff an email confirming the events, and that your expectation is to receive a response within 45 days, in accordance with the statute