Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Remmington's Ammo Business Potentially Sold

Not bad at all. At least we will see improved offerings of Marlin product line in the coming years.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Not bad at all. At least we will see improved offerings of Marlin product line in the coming years.
    More like restored to its former glory. Remington did nothing with Marlin except close the factory and move it to a cheaper facility.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    By the article I read Ruger only bought Marlin. They wanted to buy it all but did not.

https://wibx950.com/preliminary-deta...ilion-worried/
    Remington's many assets got spread out. This looks like a win for everybody other than of course bankrupt Remington. I'm so excited to see what Ruger does with Marlin. And now can anybody contest that Ruger owns the .22 market?

-Zach

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    By the article I read Ruger only bought Marlin. They wanted to buy it all but did not.

https://wibx950.com/preliminary-deta...ilion-worried/
    Your are Correct, I meant to write Marlin. I read that Speer bullets bought something as well ??

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Remington's many assets got spread out. This looks like a win for everybody other than of course bankrupt Remington. I'm so excited to see what Ruger does with Marlin. And now can anybody contest that Ruger owns the .22 market?

-Zach
    They will for sure have the lions share of .22s , just wonder how this works . They will seem to be competing with themselves. I was hoping to see H and R revived . I love those singles .

(Lancaster County)

Wall St Journal version
    Bankrupt Gun Maker Remington Outdoor to Be Broken Up and Sold
    Seven winning bidders emerge after multiple-day auction of weapons, ammunition businesses

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bankrup...246175?mod=mhp

Gun maker Remington Outdoor will be broken up and sold after a multiday bankruptcy auction, in which seven different buyers won the bidding for parcels of the company*s weapons and ammunition holdings.

Sales of Remington*s ammunition- and weapons-manufacturing business, the Remington brand and others will bring in at least $155 million to be applied against the company*s debts.

Lawyers for Remington haven*t responded to requests to comment on the auction results, which were partially revealed Sunday in court filings.

Judge Clifton R. Jessup Jr. has scheduled a Tuesday hearing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Decatur, Ala., to consider approval of the auction results.

The auction is the culmination of Remington*s second bankruptcy of recent years. The Huntsville, Ala., company filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in late July, saying it didn*t have the cash to make weapons to satisfy demand for its products.

The Covid-19 pandemic and civil unrest have Americans stocking up on guns and ammunition, but Remington said it was short of funds, despite having erased hundreds of millions of dollars in debt in a 2018 bankruptcy.

The company is facing a lawsuit over its marketing of the Bushmaster rifle, which was used in the December 2012 killing of 20 children and six adult school staffers at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

The 2020 bankruptcy halted a lawsuit brought by the families of some of the Sandy Hook victims, which had been preserved in the first pass through chapter 11.

Remington hasn*t said what its drive to throw its assets on the bankruptcy auction block would mean for the Sandy Hook lawsuit or for company retirees who crowded into a session with bankruptcy administrators, asking what would become of their benefits.

The biggest buy revealed so far is Vista Outdoor Inc.*s purchase of Remington*s Lonoke ammunition business, at $81.4 million. Sierra Bullets Inc. of Missouri won the bidding on another part of Remington*s ammunition business, with a $30.5 million offer, court papers show.

Sturm Ruger & Co. will get part of Remington*s weapons business, with a $30 million offer, while Roundhill Group LLC is paying $13 million for other elements of the firearms-manufacturing operation. JJE Capital Holdings LLC is buying H&R, Parker and several other firearms brands.

Sportsman*s Warehouse Inc., is getting the Tapco brand, court papers reveal.

Nevada*s Franklin Armory Inc. was declared the winning bidder for Remington*s Bushmaster brand. A spokesperson for Franklin Armory wasn*t immediately available Sunday to comment.

(Mifflin County)

Wow! the Cerebus owned a lot more than I knew .

(Monroe County)

* Sportsman*s Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapco brand.
    Poor Tapco. Great nich parts for AK/SKS in the '90s now look at them.

Good PSA didn't get the ammo brand however they got 4 more gun brands that they will never answer the fucking phone or email when I try to order.

The company is facing a lawsuit over its marketing of the Bushmaster rifle, which was used in the December 2012 killing of 20 children and six adult school staffers at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

The 2020 bankruptcy halted a lawsuit brought by the families of some of the Sandy Hook victims, which had been preserved in the first pass through chapter 11
    Fuckers, enjoy what's left
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

I would love to see Ruger end up with with the shotgun part of Remington. It would round out ruger's lineup of guns nicely with proven designs at decent prices. Seems to me 30mil would be a lot of money for just the Marlin brand

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post

-Zach
    I'm envisioning matched sets of 1894 lever guns and vaqueros

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast