Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Aguila mini-shot shells

Trying to get some input on these 1 3/4" shot shells. Particularly the BUCKSHOT loads. I'm sure they'll work great in a aside by side or over-under, but has anyone tried in a pump or semi auto gun?

How'd they work? Any feed issues? Jams? Worth buying or just an interesting curio?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Aguila mini-shot shells

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Trying to get some input on these 1 3/4" shot shells. Particularly the BUCKSHOT loads. I'm sure they'll work great in a aside by side or over-under, but has anyone tried in a pump or semi auto gun?

How'd they work? Any feed issues? Jams? Worth buying or just an interesting curio?
    There is a company in Texas that makes little adaptors for Mossberg pump guns for these. https://www.opsolmini-clip.com/
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    There is a company in Texas that makes little adaptors for Mossberg pump guns for these. https://www.opsolmini-clip.com/
    I have shot many boxes of minishells out of my Mossberg shockwave with the OPSol adapter and I have not had a single issue. I highly recommend it. And the first shot everyone has taken with my shockwave loaded with the minishells has produced a huge smile on the shooters' face.

(Susquehanna County)

Thanks for the 2 answers, I've heard of those adapters. But I don't have a Mossberg. I have an old Winchester 1897, and I rather prefer it even though it is very heavy. Just pull the trigger once and slam fire the rest of the loads by operating the pump.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Thanks for the 2 answers, I've heard of those adapters. But I don't have a Mossberg. I have an old Winchester 1897, and I rather prefer it even though it is very heavy. Just pull the trigger once and slam fire the rest of the loads by operating the pump.
    I have heard that the minis often jam in both pumps and semi autos. This makes sense as they were not designed for shells of that size.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by littlefitz View Post
    I have heard that the minis often jam in both pumps and semi autos. This makes sense as they were not designed for shells of that size.
    Thats without a minishell adapter.

They are small enough that they can flip over inside the receiver, and heavy and sharp enough bolt on a semi auto could be potentially disastrous slamming down on a flipped round if it were to split the shell and/or somehow ignite that primer.

I bought a box awhile ago. Haven't fired any yet , but I did cycle some thru my 870 rapidly without a jam.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Chester County)

Mossberg needs the adapter, Remington 870 it may or may not jam all others you're on your own.

I think with the short shells if there is a problem walk out on the balcony a fire two blasts.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Remington 870 it may or may not jam

From what I can figure , the 3in and 3 1/2in guns have problems. 2 3/4 guns like mine , not so much.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Susquehanna County)

I guess I' I'll buy a box and try them in my heavy old Winchester. If they don't work I can always use them in my double barrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast