Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: My Karen encounter, IGA Hawley Pa. while OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    On Friday the 4th, the family and I headed to the cabin, in the Pocono's. After setting up, I headed to the beer store for some Miller light and ice. While walking out with my loot, the phone rang. It was my daughter, daddy mommy forgot.... (more on that later). Ok I am at the IGA. The IGA and beer distributor are in one large building.

While driving around to the other parking lot, I see signs posted, no mask, no entry, and all the other hoopla phobia crap.
    I parked and walked into the store, grabbed a cart and started shopping. Up one isle and down another looking for that one item. Then I hear, I have a serious question for you. I turn around and there stands Karen. Karen is about 50ish, wearing a mask, jeans and a shirt, and a green apron with her name tag on it.

Karen: Can I ask you a serious question?

Me: Yes, what is that?

Karen: Because you are wearing a gun, does that mean you don't have to wear a mask?

Me: No I am medically exempt, and that is from my Doctor. My gun has nothing to do with it.

Karen : Oh ok!

Me: So where's the Macaroni and cheese?

Her: I don't know, I don't work here.

Me: I know!

Then I walked away. Karen's name tag had a mortar and pestle on it. She may have worked at the CVS next door. That was my jab at her, IDK if it registered through her thick skull.
    If she would have gone on a rant it would have been recorded. When I checked out not a word was said by any employee's.

On the bright side the beer was cold and the camp fire was great, and the weather was fabulous!
    Had you told her yes, she may have gone to the gun store.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by fistv View Post
    Why didn't you go across the street, there's a great brewery right there. They got good cans, bottles and growlers, you can even sample them before buying...Wallenpaupack Brewing Company.
    I had no idea a brewery was across the street. Ill check it out the next time I am up.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Monroe County)

There is also one about a mile down the road towards Hawley, big old gray factory looking place on the right, then Honesdale has 3 more downtown as well as a good gun shop. There's a lot to do in that area, we may be moving up there in a few years. NORTH of honesdale is pure boonies, many many many unpaved roads. My son lives there. Honesdale is one of those logical places, 3 main streets, Main, all business's and police station, Church street with all the churches on it and Court steet, give ya 3 guesses. :-)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fistv View Post
    Why didn't you go across the street, there's a great brewery right there. They got good cans, bottles and growlers, you can even sample them before buying...Wallenpaupack Brewing Company.
    They wont let anyone in the restaurant seating area without a mask. They also take your phone number for contact tracing.

Good food though.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    They wont let anyone in the restaurant seating area without a mask. They also take your phone number for contact tracing.

Good food though.
    And they are still in business?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Yeah I'd give them a middle finger and walk out the door after hearing that.
    -Brandon

(Wayne County)

Good food though.
    "It's 867-5309"... ;-)
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Have to make reservations pretty far in advance during the summer. It's pretty packed, but they are not allowed to have much seating.

Thank you Gov Wolf.

The Jam Room is more accommodating.

(Wayne County)

Have to make reservations pretty far in advance during the summer. It's pretty packed, but they are not allowed to have much seating.

Thank you Gov Wolf.

The Jam Room is more accommodating.
    Good people there...and about a mile and a half from home base... Next time you're up, give a heads up.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    On Friday the 4th, the family and I headed to the cabin, in the Pocono's. After setting up, I headed to the beer store for some Miller light and ice. While walking out with my loot, the phone rang. It was my daughter, daddy mommy forgot.... (more on that later). Ok I am at the IGA. The IGA and beer distributor are in one large building.

While driving around to the other parking lot, I see signs posted, no mask, no entry, and all the other hoopla phobia crap.
    I parked and walked into the store, grabbed a cart and started shopping. Up one isle and down another looking for that one item. Then I hear, I have a serious question for you. I turn around and there stands Karen. Karen is about 50ish, wearing a mask, jeans and a shirt, and a green apron with her name tag on it.

Karen: Can I ask you a serious question?

Me: Yes, what is that?

Karen: Because you are wearing a gun, does that mean you don't have to wear a mask?

Me: No I am medically exempt, and that is from my Doctor. My gun has nothing to do with it.

Karen : Oh ok!

Me: So where's the Macaroni and cheese?

Her: I don't know, I don't work here.

Me: I know!

Then I walked away. Karen's name tag had a mortar and pestle on it. She may have worked at the CVS next door. That was my jab at her, IDK if it registered through her thick skull.
    If she would have gone on a rant it would have been recorded. When I checked out not a word was said by any employee's.

On the bright side the beer was cold and the camp fire was great, and the weather was fabulous!
    Hi, can I ask you if anyone in your family died from covid-19 ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast