Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Family in Philly Getting LTCFs.

The bad cases of Philly LTCF process seem to find their way to this Forum. I have family in Philly that is seriously considering obtaining their LTCFs. I have encouraged them to do so and want the process to work for them. They have gone to the Philly website and are becoming familiar with the process. It says that they will be "interviewed". Just what is that all about? Can they say stuff like we are buying firearms for self defense, or would that be disqualifying?

The form asks for references. Does Philly actually check them and if so, how do they make contact so that the references can be properly prepared?

Are there any quirky things they should be aware of or expect so that they can be prepared to have it all go smoothly? Any idea of how long it takes them?

Thanks for any insight from Philadelphians who have navigated this process.

I do not live in Philadelphia so I do not have to put up with obstructions.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Family in Philly Getting LTCFs.

Having to be interviewed sucks, they are mostly trying to catch people in a lie about thier background. I*ve gone through the process in philly twice and I have no criminal background at all so mine was pretty straightforward. When they go make sure they have everything you otherwise they won*t take the application and they*ll have to go back.

Thank you.

(Delaware County)

Wasn't it Philly that got spanked regarding references, and they are no longer required?

(Juniata County)

I have been a reference for Philly LTCF.

I have never been contacted. I believe they are still asking for them.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Expect them not to see their licenses till 2021

(Philadelphia County)

The interview is just a rehash of the questions on the form. References are the state wide form version, name - phone number. Self defense is one of the check-box options for a reason to apply, it does not disqualify and is actually the preferred choice.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Lehigh County)

When I originally got my LTCF I went into the sheriffs office and filled out the form. The person working actually told me to check "for self defense" as that was like the preferred reason.

Good luck to them. I know at least 4 people who are thinking of getting them and I told them not to wait as I'm sure there is a backlog. But that's not in Philly.

I just went for my LTCF in philly mid August and the process was pretty straightforward but definitely make sure you have all your paperwork and copies they can take as well. As far as the interview process went the LEO actually asked me like 20-25 questions it felt like. Everything from my mothers maiden name to parking tickets, tattoos, and if I’ve ever had expungements and what not. Some were really quite absurd considering what I was applying for. Just be totally honest through everything. Oh and also, the next available appointment is November 2021. Goodluck!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    I just went for my LTCF in philly mid August and the process was pretty straightforward but definitely make sure you have all your paperwork and copies they can take as well. As far as the interview process went the LEO actually asked me like 20-25 questions it felt like. Everything from my mothers maiden name to parking tickets, tattoos, and if I*ve ever had expungements and what not. Some were really quite absurd considering what I was applying for. Just be totally honest through everything. Oh and also, the next available appointment is November 2021. Goodluck!
    My LTCF expires 03/22 so now I am thinking I need to make my appointment soon. What a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast