Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Default Family vacation to Michigan. Any Thing to see? Be aware of law wise?

Family trip with wife and kids. Going by car.

I know Ohio is a *must inform* state, and they love to target out of state speeders. I also know they have a no alcohol, firearms law.

Fairly ignorant on MI.

Anything I else I need to know?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Family vacation to Michigan. Any Thing to see? Be aware of law wise?

MI is a "must inform/notify" state as well. You can carry in "eateries" that serve alcohol, but not in "bars."

They do recognize PA resident LTCFs.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Family vacation to Michigan. Any Thing to see? Be aware of law wise?

I'll always point to www.handgunlaw.us as a resource when traveling out of state.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    MI is a "must inform/notify" state as well. You can carry in "eateries" that serve alcohol, but not in "bars."

They do recognize PA resident LTCFs.
    Thanks.

Interestingly, most of the location restrictions don*t apply when open carrying, just when cc, which I think is interesting.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Where are you going? Hopefully northern/UP? The Detroit metro area isn't all that nice. I lived there for a grand total of one year (Southfield) right after college, when I worked as a brake engineer for Chrysler (and then DaimlerChrysler) truck chassis group in the old kelvinator plant on Plymouth Road in Detroit.

Plenty to do up there. Especially the UP.

We spent time at Sleeping Bear Dunes, Pictured Rocks, Copper Harbor.
    Mackinac Island is interesting for a while, although I found it a bit foo-foo and contrived. One of those things you do once to see what the hub bub is about. The island is nice though.
    Sault Ste. Marie locks was pretty cool. You can check out the schedule when the ships are going through.

(Berks County)

MI is (was) a very industrious and industry friendly state. I spent a good bit of my time as an OTR driver in and out of the southern 1/3 of it and I can't, for the life of me, think of anything worth passing on. God's Country offers good tips/advice on the UP. It's gorgeous and wilderness in a lot of places. I would see what he recommended then cruise the coastline around the lakes. I enjoy the coastal villages and fishing docks. Motor World (I think it was called) in or near Detroit came and went and the only ones who noticed were the ones who had to foot the bill.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Where are you going? Hopefully northern/UP? The Detroit metro area isn't all that nice. I lived there for a grand total of one year (Southfield) right after college, when I worked as a brake engineer for Chrysler (and then DaimlerChrysler) truck chassis group in the old kelvinator plant on Plymouth Road in Detroit.
    Honestly not sure, but not Detroit.

Should have asked sooner, but any problem with an AR pistol? Planning on keeping that cases and ammo separate, just carrying our normal pistols, but with everything go on these days....
    "Cives Arma Ferant"