Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: You gotta be kidding me!

It*s funny what people focus on when it comes to companies. I was talking to a buddy the other day and we were talking about ammo prices and how high they are. Somehow CTD came up and he said he would never order from there because they always take advantage of gun owners during bad times. I see where he is coming from, but when I pointed out that he recently bought a grill from Walmart and that he gets sports equipment from Dicks, two companies that have either screwed over their customers when it comes to guns or have called to limit the 2nd he was not amused.

In the one corner CTD still has ammo that can be found and people can buy. If they lowered the price then they would probably sell out in no time leaving their shelves empty and not able to make a profit in the upcoming weeks off of ammo. He will not buy from them. His right I am not disputing that.

In the other corner.... lets go with Walmart. A company that has actively sent letters to the White House and Congressmen calling on political leaders to enact *common sense* gun measures which is Walmart actively going after and hurting the 2nd imo. Something he and I have discussed before. He has no problem giving them his money. His right, but I do not get the priorities.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

So where is the ammo? Manufacturers are no doubt running flat-out. it has to be going somewhere.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    So where is the ammo? Manufacturers are no doubt running flat-out. it has to be going somewhere.
    They are if they have the supplies to do so. Remember, the rona is interfering with raw materials.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Panic buyers are buying it up as fast as it's put up for sale. What most people here are seeking in complaining about high prices is something that has already been tried. Price controls, Nixon tried price controls but it became a miserable failure because the government has no concept on the way things actually work in real life. Price controls, rent controls and all of that are nothing but stifling the market and when the end result is poor quality, shortages and having your neighborhood filled with low rent occupants then the government intervention doesn't look so good.

Right now people are scared and are panic buying guns and ammo right off the shelves as fast as it can be put there just like what happened to toilet paper. They're afraid because the democrats have sponsored rioting, looting and a psychotic mission of trampling on the rights and culture of the majority of Americans. You're damn right people want to protect themselves from Dopey Joe supporters.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Cabelas in delaware. A friend picked up 500rnds 9mm for 102.00

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post

Cabelas in delaware. A friend picked up 500rnds 9mm for 102.00
    Treasure find there. They had WWB 124 gr for I believe $11.99 yesterday, showing as limited stock in Hamburg, but I couldn't get there.

Given the political climate , lessons should have been learned when it looked like the Hildebeast was gonna win. Prices were high , availability was zero. Trump won , prices came back to Earth. That was the time to stock up!

Then along comes Trump Derangement and Impeachment Syndrome , and the lefts promise to attack gun rights in 2020 ,Kung Flu-19 and as an added bonus , Riot-mania.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Mifflin County)

I just came from a gun auction. Winchester 22 long rifle bricks sold for $65 ...................

(Bucks County)

I think somebody has a sense of humor at ctd..they can't sell what they don't have.....they don't have any stock
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

I hope the idiot who edited that ad is dyslexic. That’s insane especially for reloads.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast