I try to have two gun clubs, so I can do different types of shooting. I have access to a farm that allows me endless training. The drive is 1.5hrs from my house, but I decided that it's very important for my daughter and my training to make that long drive. Practicing different shooting scenarios is very important. So is actually shooting as many have ammo forts, but choose to have high post counts instead of actually sending lead down range.

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
I have several different courses of fire that incorporate different drills that my wife and I use when we go out to practice. Some are for indoor ranges, some are for outdoor ranges.

Staple drills usually include draw while moving off line, strong hand & weak hand shooting, failure to stop drills, empty load & tac load drills, malfunction clearance drills, shooting from cover - standing or kneeling. Sometimes we also include pivots and turns, multiple threats, and some shoot/no shoot drills.
Having access to a range that lets us practice our defensive pistol skills is a big priority for us.