Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default LTCF Permit Denied in Philadelphia

My LTCF Permit was just denied in Philadelphia because apparently I am wanted on arrest for Scofflaw (3 Tickets). Additionally, this makes my character and reputation dangerous to public safety. As far as I know, I do not have any outstanding tickets or warrants for my arrest. The last ticket I received was in 2017 for a parking violation which I paid. I am going to appeal this decision with the help of a lawyer just to be safe. I already contacted Adam Kraut and plan on contacting Jon Mirowitz. Does anyone know approximately how much this might end up costing me with court/lawyer fees and are there any other reputable lawyers that can handle this type of case?

There is no reason whatsoever that I should have been denied the right to carry a firearm in the city of Philadelphia. Even if I had outstanding parking/moving violations (which I don't), how could that even be entertained as a reason for denying someone the right to carry a firearm? It seems to me that the Philadelphia Gun Permit Unit just looks for ways to deny people their 2nd Amendment rights. How can one legally purchase a firearm and then be denied the right to carry that firearm in public?

Thanks in advance for any information.

(Berks County)

Default Re: LTCF Permit Denied in Philadelphia

Welcome to business as usual in Philthytown, you're going to get a lot of 'move out of there' responses. I believe that Adam Kraut works with Josh Prince but I am not positive, if he doesn't Josh is a good choice and Phil Kline (AKA
    GunLawyer001 on here) does that type of work. Good luck and please follow up on how it goes.
    Last edited by Walleye Hunter; September 6th, 2020 at 09:01 AM.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Inception View Post
    It seems to me that the Philadelphia Gun Permit Unit just looks for ways to deny people their 2nd Amendment rights.
    This is EXACTLY the reason.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Inception View Post
    Does anyone know approximately how much this might end up costing me with court/lawyer fees
    In 2008, a very basic representation for a LTCF revocation (NOT in Philly) cost me around $4K. 18 PA 6114 says the court can "dispose of all costs", but I'm unclear if that means you can be reimbursed if you win. My own attorney did not give me an answer on that, and I've never heard of any LTCF denial/revocation appellant having that happen.

I'd love to hear an educated legal opinion on exactly what the purpose of that language is.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/L...1.014.000..HTM
    § 6114. Judicial review.

The action of the chief of police, sheriff, county treasurer or other officer under this subchapter shall be subject to judicial review in the manner and within the time provided by 2 Pa.C.S. Ch. 7 Subch. B (relating to judicial review of local agency action). A judgment sustaining a refusal to grant a license shall not bar, after one year, a new application; nor shall a judgment in favor of the petitioner prevent the defendant from thereafter revoking or refusing to renew such license for any proper cause which may thereafter occur. The court shall have full power to dispose of all costs.

(June 13, 1995, 1st Sp.Sess., P.L.1024, No.17, eff. 120 days)
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    In 2008, a very basic representation for a LTCF revocation (NOT in Philly) cost me around $4K. 18 PA 6114 says the court can "dispose of all costs", but I'm unclear if that means you can be reimbursed if you win. My own attorney did not give me an answer on that, and I've never heard of any LTCF denial/revocation appellant having that happen.

I'd love to hear an educated legal opinion on exactly what the purpose of that language is.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/L...1.014.000..HTM
    Would only cover court costs anyways, not fees for private legal representation.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Would only cover court costs anyways, not fees for private legal representation.
    This how the court system is abused and used as a weapon against the citizens. They file false charges and make you spend large sums of money to fight the charges and in the end they know they will lose because the charges were false and they use the endless resources provided by you the taxpayer for punishing you or making an example out of you.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This how the court system is abused and used as a weapon against the citizens. They file false charges and make you spend large sums of money to fight the charges and in the end they know they will lose because the charges were false and they use the endless resources provided by you the taxpayer for punishing you or making an example out of you.
    Exactly.

Thats why you better keep your head down and fall in line like a good little sheep.

At least, thats what they hope for us to all do.

(Blair County)

Have you checked yourself on this sight????
    You can search by your name with or without date of birth which may lead to someone with a similar first last name but different middle/JR/SR that has the charges and it's not you.
    I believe the sight will show info for at least ten years.
    This is not the only thing I would be relying on if I was in your situation but it would be my first check.

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/CaseInformation.aspx

It allows you to search all court cases, and read what documents there may be on those cases.
    Last edited by xflyboy; September 7th, 2020 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added info
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

(Philadelphia County)

So, I contacted Philadelphia Traffic Court and they confirmed that there are 3 tickets associated with my Driver's License #. Sad thing is that the tickets are associated with another name and address. I am going to appeal these tickets at Traffic court and have them removed from my record. This could have been avoided if the GPU would have done their due diligence while conducting the background check. Looks like I'll be waiting months to get my permit because of an incompetent investigation.

(Bucks County)

??? Are you a female, who has since married and changed her name, and moved?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast