Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Guns confiscated by police. What needs to be done to get them back?

what about us shithouse basement lawyers?
    (they sublet from Mom and Dad)
    EIFY
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Best thing I would say here is to consult with an Attorney because this sounds a tad weird. The two things I am wondering about is if EMS was called to the home? And if so, did they have to "persuade" him to go or was there the threat of a 201 or 302? I have transported MANY of patients over the years and stroke patients I have taken or those with a suspected stroke never came close to an issue of competency.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Konsukah_19 View Post
    Best thing I would say here is to consult with an Attorney because this sounds a tad weird. The two things I am wondering about is if EMS was called to the home? And if so, did they have to "persuade" him to go or was there the threat of a 201 or 302? I have transported MANY of patients over the years and stroke patients I have taken or those with a suspected stroke never came close to an issue of competency.

This. And if he did not go willingly, did medical command order it.

IE, stroke caused him to have an altered mental status (not poor decisions, but unaware of situation, activities of those around him and such like).

If not, medically needed or not, a person as the legal right to refuse care or transport. Kidnapping, even for the persons own good is a serious crime.

Also: was the patient in his home? I can not think of any situation I*ve been in where police took, or would have taken firearms from a medical patient in their residence, except for temporary custody (ie, we*re moving this gun to another room).

Granted not a lot of information in the OP, but based on the post I’d be interested to see the prehospital chart, and the audio recording of the call with medical command, and have questions about the legality of the firearms being seized.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    This. And if he did not go willingly, did medical command order it.
    This is a big one. Thanks for also pointing that out PAMedic.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Lycoming County)

If it happened in MD, it could be part of the "Red Flag" law they passed last year. I don't know exactly how that effected exactly how and where seizures are legally done. Best advice would be to talk to a lawyer in MD, if that's who's holding the guns right now. Find one that specializes in firearms law.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12