Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who can actually afford to shoot right now?

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    This. I refuse to do business with optics planet. They'll claim in stock, and not ship for weeks...months even. They suck, no idea why anyone does business with a company like that.
    Yup, them and CTD are the worst offenders. OP lets you order some items, but if you "Check Availability" on the items, they show 7-9week lead times.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    Yup, them and CTD are the worst offenders. OP lets you order some items, but if you "Check Availability" on the items, they show 7-9week lead times.
    I placed a few orders with them years ago and had no problems. The bullets are showing in stock, and a box of .40 S&W ammo that I bought is showing as a 15-24 day backorder. They weren't hiding the backorder status. I really don't care if it takes a few months, I'm in no hurry, especially since every other store is stocked with unobtainium.

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    This. I refuse to do business with optics planet. They'll claim in stock, and not ship for weeks...months even. They suck, no idea why anyone does business with a company like that.
    What have I got to lose?
    Last edited by scruff; September 10th, 2020 at 09:02 AM.

(Butler County)

Hmmm.... Through this whole shortage, I haven't seen a single post about ammo at Dicks/Field & Stream. I wonder why? We always used to have new members who didn't know about their history and posted all excited "I found some!!"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I placed a few orders with them years ago and had no problems. The bullets are showing in stock, and a box of .40 S&W ammo that I bought is showing as a 15-24 day backorder. They weren't hiding the backorder status. I really don't care if it takes a few months, I'm in no hurry, especially since every other store is stocked with unobtainium.

What have I got to lose?
    Optics planet pisses me off with their business practices... BUT desperate times call got desperate measures.

I looked through their ammo and found blazer brass in 500 round loose pack for 135$. Is it more than we are used to paying? Sure. Is it the best price you are likely to find right now? Yep.

Most companies won't even take back orders. So i placed an order. At least going into it, I knew it was backordered. If they were just up front all of the time, I'd have less so complain about.

Anyway, the cheapest american ammo i saw (yeah, I'm a snob) was .24 cents per round for aluminum case ammo. That of course is before tax.

The backorder is estimated to be 1-3 months. My advice, swallow your pride and take what you can get. Things aren't getting any better.

-Zach

(Chester County)

Good luck with Optics Planet. I have been burned once by them never again.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    Good luck with Optics Planet. I have been burned once by them never again.
    Burned how?

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Burned how?
    I buy from them all the time for the last 3 or 4 years With at least a dozen and a half worth of orders. Had one recent issue where an ordered item was actually back ordered, then they changed the expected due date a 2nd time without notifying me. Found it somewhere else and easily canceled my order.

Anyone loading 300BO or 308win, I saw RMR has 200K of the MK319 SOST projectiles. They work great in supersonic 300BO and 308win.
    I haven't seen them for sale since 2015 when Midway was selling them as overruns..

https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bull...ew-production/

I can afford to shoot, I have a ton of ammo.

I can't afford to buy more ammo though!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

most of the ammo I am shooting currently is handloads from components i have bought years ago during O'bumbles reign, I have maintained stock to a certain extent till now, but will have to wait this one out. If trump loses I may have to drastically cut down the range trips and/or amount used
    I did have to apply the brakes on my two Daughters with the 10-22 and S&W M&P 15-22, they where chewing up the rimfire like skittles, We have a small 22 range in the woods behind the house makes it easy to burn ammo when you just have to walk out the back door. I put the 30 rounders in quarantine and issued out the 10 rounders to slow them down a bit, next is bolt gun fun for them

A while back I was between jobs and had spare time, I ordered all the rebuild parts for my old pellet pistols and rifle, refinished them with new seals o-rings and cups/springs. this has become a new found shooting hobby, next I may have to dust off the cap and ball revolvers

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast