Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Who can actually afford to shoot right now?

I've got plenty of ammo. I have two lifetimes of .22LR. I have reloading components for hundreds of rounds each in various calibers. What I don't have is personal defense ammo.

I don't remember all of the personal defense ammo disappearing after Sandy Hook, but it's gone now. Bullets are gone too, so I can't even reload any.

I have a few hundred rounds of .45ACP personal defense ammo that I don't need, since I don't carry a .45. Maybe I can find somebody to trade for some 9mm.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I've got plenty of ammo. I have two lifetimes of .22LR. I have reloading components for hundreds of rounds each in various calibers. What I don't have is personal defense ammo.

I don't remember all of the personal defense ammo disappearing after Sandy Hook, but it's gone now. Bullets are gone too, so I can't even reload any.

I have a few hundred rounds of .45ACP personal defense ammo that I don't need, since I don't carry a .45. Maybe I can find somebody to trade for some 9mm.
    Yeah, but in the course of that trade, you'll have to hear about how 1 round of.45 could take down an airplane or how 9mm simply bounces off of people.

-Zach

PD ammo seemed to dry up after range ammo was MIA for about 3-4 weeks and people began to start hording and those that had competitions, training, etc. HAD
    to shoot anything available.

I lucked onto some pulled Gold Dots right before the reloading supplies started drying up. I've offered them a few times in biased trade for FMJ-FN since I'm just shooting steel, but no one really wanted them that badly.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    PD ammo seemed to dry up after range ammo was MIA for about 3-4 weeks and people began to start hording and those that had competitions, training, etc. HAD
    to shoot anything available.

I lucked onto some pulled Gold Dots right before the reloading supplies started drying up. I've offered them a few times in biased trade for FMJ-FN since I'm just shooting steel, but no one really wanted them that badly.
    PM me. I'm your huckleberry.

(York County)

I managed to get a couple cases of .223 and a case of 9mm at prices I could tolerate paying, but Im burning through that pretty quick having gone shooting the last 3 weekends. I have a couple mags full of 9mm self defense ammo and keep 4 or 5 AR mags filled up and set aside just in case a family of grizzly bears comes crashing through my front door, dead set on stealing my porridge at all costs, so I guess I have more than enough ammo to defend myself in any reasonable situation such as that.

Shooting just for fun ammo though, Im gonna have to try to pace myself.

(Berks County)

I wouldn't want all of that but we could probably work a trade on some if we were able to get together. I was just out that way a couple of weeks ago but won't be back soon and I'm going away during the next rally. Maybe we could arrange a POOFA relay.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

I just made a discovery. Optics Planet has ammo and reloading components. I ordered some 9mm Sierra V-Crown 125 gr JHP bullets.

(Allegheny County)

Going shooting today. Taking ziplock bags of ammo not buckets.

(Berks County)

I just made a discovery. Optics Planet has ammo and reloading components. I ordered some 9mm Sierra V-Crown 125 gr JHP bullets.
    Even primers? However, knowing the vendor, they may not actually be available.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Even primers? However, knowing the vendor, they may not actually be available.
    This. I refuse to do business with optics planet. They'll claim in stock, and not ship for weeks...months even. They suck, no idea why anyone does business with a company like that.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast