Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Kali-Key for Rifle Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Shouldn't we expect the government agents that are actually sworn to enforce the law, understand and actually obey the law, and not try to interpret it? The PGC's stance has no basis in the law how it's written. You as a hunter have no right to hunt based upon your interpretation of the law, therefore, the government should have no right to enforce a policy based upon their interpretation of the law. Everyone should be fighting to ensure that the government follows the laws the same way we're required to instead of just rolling over.
    The government is under no obligation to obey the laws the rest of us have to follow.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    See, you could sell one of those FAL's and get a dozen fudd guns, then you wouldn't need to risk it.
    I own and regularly shoot several A\R's. I hunt with bolt and lever action rifles. I don't care what anyone hunts with I'm simply stating the "real facts and circumstances" an individual would likely face should they choose to take out a "modified" A\R.

Again....I don't care. I have several firearms that will kill any whitetail as effectively or more effectively than any A\R 15\10\9. I'm interested in hunting....not "making a political statement" on the weapon. Win the battle.....lose the war. Pick your battles wisely.

FWIW

(Bucks County)

For every deer I kill, I spend hours of nothingness.
    I'm a damn gunsmith for cryin out loud. I need to like what I hunt with.
    I'm also playing by the rules, by the way. The fudds keep moving the goal posts.
    I'd rather get written up and face the music, win or lose. I've given some thought to what losing means and at my age, I can afford it.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    I own and regularly shoot several A\R's. I hunt with bolt and lever action rifles. I don't care what anyone hunts with I'm simply stating the "real facts and circumstances" an individual would likely face should they choose to take out a "modified" A\R.

Again....I don't care. I have several firearms that will kill any whitetail as effectively or more effectively than any A\R 15\10\9. I'm interested in hunting....not "making a political statement" on the weapon. Win the battle.....lose the war. Pick your battles wisely.

FWIW
    To defeat your enemy, you actually need to engage them in battle.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Carbon County)

What Steeltrap said.

(Montgomery County)

I know this post is a month old, but I stumbled upon this from Kalikey website to n the FAQ section.

https://kalikey.com/information/faq/

Does the Kali Key make it legal to hunt with my AR in Pennsylvania?
    Unfortunately, the Kali Key should not be used for hunting in PA. The reason is extremely frustrating: The PA Game Commission interprets their law to state that any modification from a semi-automatic rifle to a single-shot rifle must be *non-reversable*. To our knowledge, no AR can reasonably comply with this *non-reversible* requirement because of the nature of the platform*s interchangeable parts. It*s also particularly frustrating because a Kali Key-equipped rifle can only function as a bolt-action rifle. (There is no possible way to *cheat* with the Kali Key installed). Therefore, it seems like the PA Game Commission*s argument only goes to intent, not functionality (which only punishes law abiding citizens). Lastly, on every type of rifle, bolts are always removable for cleaning and maintenance purposes * this does not change the intended purpose and functionality of the rifle. We are aware that there are attempts to modify this law. Perhaps there is hope for the future. Stay tuned.

(Clinton County)

And they would be completely wrong. You can call down to Harrisburg yourself and get the answer straight from the horses mouth, or you can take Kali Keys word for it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

I've read up on this a little. From what I can tell it would be legal but you would be relying on a Game Warden to understand how an AR rifle operates and what this component does. What's most likely going to happen is your rifle would be confiscated, sent to the PSP lab for testing. Six months later when they get around to it they would figure out its legal. Maybe some day you would get the rifle back. I'm not willing to take a chance losing a $1k rifle.

(Clinton County)

You guys are spending a grand on an AR? Lol

Anyways, people have been taking single shot converted semi autos into the woods for over a decade, maybe longer. Do whatever you like I guess. Of course, I know my local warden too.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    You guys are spending a grand on an AR? Lol

Anyways, people have been taking single shot converted semi autos into the woods for over a decade, maybe longer. Do whatever you like I guess. Of course, I know my local warden too.
    What semi-auto's of the past have been converted to a single shot for deer hunting?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast