Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Kali-Key for Rifle Hunting

You have to swap a part on the bolt and install the original charging handle to convert it back. Since the parts will be at home in my safe, there's no way to switch it back.

(Bucks County)

That's about as good as it gets. The chance of the officer having a gas key and the wrench to install it are about zero.
    Come to think of it, the chance of the officer even being able to articulate it's some form of ar15 is only 1 time out of 10...
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    You are wrong. The rifle has to be altered so that it cannot be easily converted back. Why have a shotgun magazine tube plug? You can always just load the proper amount to make it legal, right? You shit house lawyers are funny. You sound like the same goofballs that kept telling me for years that I couldn't use a .22 caliber to hunt deer. You want to hunt with your M-14, go ahead. You don't need anybody's permission from here to do it. I am sure that if you end up in court these "Experts" will start a GOFUNDME site for you.
    Why so grumpy, did that smart ass rabbit convince you it was duck season again?

(Bucks County)

You have to swap a part on the bolt and install the original charging handle to convert it back. Since the parts will be at home in my safe, there's no way to switch it back.
    Unless you have an second, stock bolt and CH.

Here's my concern. The stage is set against you from the git-go due to the WCO initially freaking out that s/he thinks s/he is looking at an assault rifle.
    You may find yourself being covered with his/her sidearm, in which case, you probably are not going to be allowed to show and tell anything.

To make his or her case, or not, the gun will likely be submitted to the crime lab for examination for complying with game law. The verdict is in your favor, you want your gun back, and they apply the old standby...you need a court order.

To me, it adds up not worth it for a gun that is weird for getting to a followup shot. (ahem...not that I have ever needed one....ahem)
    Last edited by Bang; September 6th, 2020 at 12:43 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Carbon County)

Exactly. I converted an MAS 36 into a rifled shotgun for a Buddy that lives in a shotgun area. A Game Warden spotted that when he was walking across a field. No problem-no ticket, it had a vented Mossberg barrel on it, but he noticed THAT? I would use it, but on private property where no one will see it. If a non-hunter sees you and reports you, you are gonna be screwed. Never mind all the shithouse lawyers that say different. They all "Researched" and lost the paperwork. Take a good look at all the guys that turned in a mistake kill and got a fine and lost their license the first year of antler restrictions. Turns out a mistake kill is left to the Game Wardens "Discretion" That was not in the rule book.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    Exactly. I converted an MAS 36 into a rifled shotgun for a Buddy that lives in a shotgun area. A Game Warden spotted that when he was walking across a field. No problem-no ticket, it had a vented Mossberg barrel on it, but he noticed THAT? I would use it, but on private property where no one will see it. If a non-hunter sees you and reports you, you are gonna be screwed. Never mind all the shithouse lawyers that say different. They all "Researched" and lost the paperwork. Take a good look at all the guys that turned in a mistake kill and got a fine and lost their license the first year of antler restrictions. Turns out a mistake kill is left to the Game Wardens "Discretion" That was not in the rule book.
    Can you explain why your conjecture is more accurate than anyone else's conjecture?

(Clinton County)

This is a cool idea. Been taking an SKS hunting for years and recently my semi auto VEPR-12 for big game but think I'll grab one of these and take the AR pistol when we're doing drives through thick brush.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Can you explain why your conjecture is more accurate than anyone else's conjecture?
    Because he's Gunfluffer, damnit.

After reading all this I want to use it even more, because it's legal and I can.

(Bucks County)

Btw, I don't if gunfluffer was referring to me when he snidely quipped about research and lost paperwork, but I still have every shred. I never said anything about losing the invest. I put together.
    You're welcome to it if you want it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast