Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Kali-Key for Rifle Hunting

You could always get a Fudd .375 H&H for deer in the Warwick State Gameland (43) like one of the guys I saw a few years back. Deer are dangerous game you know.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    You could always get a Fudd .375 H&H for deer in the Warwick State Gameland (43) like one of the guys I saw a few years back. Deer are dangerous game you know.
    They have decent penetration against Graboids.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

I have been tempted to use my M1A with the gas port valve shut off. I shoot it better than any other rifle I own.

(Carbon County)

You are wrong. The rifle has to be altered so that it cannot be easily converted back. Why have a shotgun magazine tube plug? You can always just load the proper amount to make it legal, right? You shit house lawyers are funny. You sound like the same goofballs that kept telling me for years that I couldn't use a .22 caliber to hunt deer. You want to hunt with your M-14, go ahead. You don't need anybody's permission from here to do it. I am sure that if you end up in court these "Experts" will start a GOFUNDME site for you.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    You are wrong. The rifle has to be altered so that it cannot be easily converted back. Why have a shotgun magazine tube plug? You can always just load the proper amount to make it legal, right? You shit house lawyers are funny. You sound like the same goofballs that kept telling me for years that I couldn't use a .22 caliber to hunt deer. You want to hunt with your M-14, go ahead. You don't need anybody's permission from here to do it. I am sure that if you end up in court these "Experts" will start a GOFUNDME site for you.
    It was a passing thought. I wasn't asking permission.
    You don't have to be a dick about it.

(Westmoreland County)

IIRC for Pa the rifle must be a "permanent" conversion from a semi-auto to manual. Now....what is "permanent"? All I can say is that if you can easily convert it to a semi-auto while out in the field, and get snippy with a Warden, you're gonna likely get a ticket and the firearm confiscated....and sent to the PSP lab for "testing" by the firearm experts (as a Warden is NOT a firearm expert) and I'm gonna bet that firearm may get tied up in red tape for a year or more.

Just MHO.

How can I "easily" convert it if I'm in the woods and don't have another unaltered bolt? Isn't a shotgun magazine plug "easily" removed? Yes. You sound like a shit house lawyer. You don't know either. I'm using it. It will be fine

How can I "easily" convert it if I'm in the woods and don't have another unaltered bolt? Isn't a shotgun magazine plug "easily" removed? Yes. You sound like a shit house lawyer. You don't know either. I'm using it. It will be fine

(Lancaster County)

I'm sure someone here can show a citation of the actual law so we don't have to listen to any shit house lawyers, right?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Yeah, no. This is bullshit.
    There is nothing in the the actual law that states that. I went round and round with the game commission's legal section in Harrisburg, a foia request and even a consultation with Gun Lawyer.
    Gun Lawyer's take on it was to be the safest, you should probably be able to demonstrate some difficulty trying to convert it to semi in the field. Personally, I made up an fal gas collar that locks into the sight forging and can not be removed without the key, or destroying the part.
    There is no definition or wording in the game law that says anything about being able to convert to semi in the field or permanently disabling. That is totally made up fudd institutional folklore.

You may get a ticket for it by a fudd bunny cop. You may even be convicted by a Magistrate. It's possible your conviction would stand even if you appealed to real judge. That happens every day in Pa.
    I don't have time to dig through my paperwork to find all the crap I uncovered during my research- but I remember clearly how crappy the training records and standards of the game commission are.
    That organization is a hot mess. There's a reason they have the reputation they have.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast