Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Worst guns you've owned

Most of the guns I've owned over the years have performed more or less as expected. But a few stand out as real turds.

1. Sterling arms (or was it stellar arms?) Ppk looking thing. The machining was crude. It was chambered in 380. As you shot it, roll pins would back out of it. I ended up replacing it with a proper ppk/s. Ended up selling the ppk/s too.

2. Romanian Tokarev. The added safety was crude. The whole gun was crude really. It had that lousy grip angle and often failed to go bang on the first trigger pull. When it did go bang, the gun dug into the web of my hand. It was way too difficult to rack. Poa and poi were pretty far apart. Just kind of an all around dud.

3. Ruger scout in 308. Heavy. Kicked impossibly hard for 308 despite the weight. Magazines cost 70$ each when it was new (and before they made polymer magazines). The trigger was the most lawyerly affair I've ever handled outside of air rifles. Mounting a scope to it was complicated because of where the pic rail was and because of the rear sight. Oh, and did i mention muzzle blast out of that short barrel?

-Zach

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Worst guns you've owned

In no particular order:

• Pietta 1873 SAA 45LC: It's timing appears to be off. Every so often cocking of hammer and rotation of cylinder binds. The .357Mag version is flawless.
    • Century Arms RAS47: Have not shot more than at most 150 rounds. So have not encountered any dangerous failures. But right from the start it would randomly refuse to pull round out of magazine.
    • S&W M&P R8: Lots of fail to fires. With or without moon clips, with stock firing pin or aftermarket lengthened firing pin, with any ammo brand, about 20% failure rate.
    --ET

(Bucks County)

PP in .380. They should have stopped at .32 ACP.

HSc in .380. Beautiful design, same thing.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lycoming County)

Rock Island Armory M206. 38 special snubby, modeled after the Colt detective special. The thing shot itself out of time to the point of shaving lead in less than 100 rounds. Cylinder also binds for no apparent reason sometimes.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    In no particular order:

• Pietta 1873 SAA 45LC: It's timing appears to be off. Every so often cocking of hammer and rotation of cylinder binds. The .357Mag version is flawless.
    • Century Arms RAS47: Have not shot more than at most 150 rounds. So have not encountered any dangerous failures. But right from the start it would randomly refuse to pull round out of magazine.
    • S&W M&P R8: Lots of fail to fires. With or without moon clips, with stock firing pin or aftermarket lengthened firing pin, with any ammo brand, about 20% failure rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Rock Island Armory M206. 38 special snubby, modeled after the Colt detective special. The thing shot itself out of time to the point of shaving lead in less than 100 rounds. Cylinder also binds for no apparent reason sometimes.
    You both reminded me of the s&w 617 i had. The only new s&w revolver I've ever owned and hands down the worst one. Timing was good. But the barrel/cylinder gap was off and the forcing cone wasn't square. So it would get crazy lead build up quickly and then seize the cylinder up. Ejecting shells was always a pain too. The cylinder charge holes were rough inside. In retrospect, i should have sent it back to s&w. Instead i sold it.

-Zach

(Clinton County)

Don't have one but the missus had a Taurus 709 slim that wouldn't eject empty casings at all. Took that turd back and never gave Taurus another thought since.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Street sweeper and century arms G3.

(Delaware County)

Taurus Model 94 .22. Cylinder binding after half box of CCI minimags first time. Sent back. Went out of timing after 3 shots second time. Now safe queen paperweight.
    Rorbaugh 9mm Stealth. Danged expensive POS. This was supposed to be a super reliable pistol. Never went through a single magazine without at least 1 FTF or FTE. Tried a number of ammo brands. Cleaned it, changed springs, changed lube, called, complained, got advice, never got a solution to problem.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Mossberg 550 semi auto 12ga. It was such a POS it only worked as a single shot. Didn't matter what shells you used it would not cycle.

(Bucks County)

Yeah. I own 3 ravens.

I think i win.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast