Most of the guns I've owned over the years have performed more or less as expected. But a few stand out as real turds.

1. Sterling arms (or was it stellar arms?) Ppk looking thing. The machining was crude. It was chambered in 380. As you shot it, roll pins would back out of it. I ended up replacing it with a proper ppk/s. Ended up selling the ppk/s too.

2. Romanian Tokarev. The added safety was crude. The whole gun was crude really. It had that lousy grip angle and often failed to go bang on the first trigger pull. When it did go bang, the gun dug into the web of my hand. It was way too difficult to rack. Poa and poi were pretty far apart. Just kind of an all around dud.

3. Ruger scout in 308. Heavy. Kicked impossibly hard for 308 despite the weight. Magazines cost 70$ each when it was new (and before they made polymer magazines). The trigger was the most lawyerly affair I've ever handled outside of air rifles. Mounting a scope to it was complicated because of where the pic rail was and because of the rear sight. Oh, and did i mention muzzle blast out of that short barrel?

-Zach