Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Worst guns you've owned

Ruger SR9c. It was a terrible gun, even after going back to Ruger. FTF's and light primer strikes.

In my constable basic training, one guy had an SR9. It was a jam-o-matic. For Pete's sake, why would anyone bring a POS like that to a training class? Nobody wants to be That Guy.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Ruger SR9c. It was a terrible gun, even after going back to Ruger. FTF's and light primer strikes.

In my constable basic training, one guy had an SR9. It was a jam-o-matic. For Pete's sake, why would anyone bring a POS like that to a training class? Nobody wants to be That Guy.
    Interesting. My lady and i each have an sr9e. Yeah, the cheap one. Hers has been reliable for the few rounds it has seen. Mine actually hasn't seen the range yet, but i replaced a few parts for carry reliability (striker spring comes to mind).

-Zach

(York County)

An ancient Victory .32 revolver. After fixing the springs, etc. I took my first shot. The bullet came out so slow I could see it drop and hit the ground about 30 feet in front of me. It's worth about $50 bucks the next time Scruff goes to a gun buyback.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(York County)

WW 2 G-43 rifle. Dangerous to fire. So overgassed it practically was beating itself to death with every shot.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post

I have an SR9 and an SR9c for my wife too, both have been flawless. I liked the platform so well I bought an SR45.

Worst gun is a davis(raven<jennings) 380.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; September 4th, 2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Philadelphia County)

Intratec TEC DC-9. It looked cool, but thats where the positives ended. Lots of fail to feed malfunctions. Loaded up a 40 round mag for a mag dump. Had about 7 fail to feed. Loaded those 7 back up into the mag and had another 2 fail to feed.

On the plus side I later sold it for $50 more than what I paid for it.

(Susquehanna County)

Rossi 720 .44 Special. Loved the caliber hated the revolver. Never correctly timed, heats up so much with just one cylinder full it jams closed.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Columbia County)

A rifle shotgun combo called the Crossfire. That gun was too awkward and clumsy to use. It was pump action for both rifle and shotgun. It would have been better if they made it semi for the rifle as it was originally designed . However it was manufactured during the Clinton gun ban and I suspect the company didn't want to get on the bad side of the ATF therefore made both actions pump. No surprise that it didn't last long on the market .

The next is the Arex Delta pistol. The trigger is horrible to the point where I didn't even like shooting it.

I

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Rock Island Armory M206. 38 special snubby, modeled after the Colt detective special. The thing shot itself out of time to the point of shaving lead in less than 100 rounds. Cylinder also binds for no apparent reason sometimes.
    I almost bought one of those...glad I stayed away.

Not mine, but my dads got an Italian FIE something or other 380 that jams literally every single shot. Looks like a Beretta knock off. Worst gun I've ever seen. Guess I'm lucky but I've never had any that failed to function, or if it did, was easy to fix. Had a few with shitty triggers or other things, but everything always went bang and loaded as intended.

(Mifflin County)

Original ruger pc4 carbine on the third shot the trigger group literally fell out on the ground in pieces .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast