Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR15 Magazines

(Monroe County)

Default AR15 Magazines

Ihave an M&P AR 5.56 NATO|223. All I have is 2 factory 30 round mags. What brands and sources are reliable and reasonably priced. TIA
    Last edited by Exbiker; September 3rd, 2020 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Magazines

(Berks County)

Default Re: AR15 madizines

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Ihave an M&P AR 5.56 NATO|223. All I have is 2 factory 30 round mags. What brands and sources are reliable and reasonably priced. TIA
    Magpuls seem to be popular and so far they fit in mine (haven't run them yet) and I got them at the Morgantown gun show for $10/ea, which is a pretty good price right now though there have been some others for cheaper in the past.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

D&H aluminium from Palmetto Armory, they have the Magpul anti tilt follower in them.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/d-h-...zine-8416.html

or

PMags Colt came with them installed until they quit selling AR's to the public.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/magp...ag571-blk.html

Palmetto is a reliable source for right now. I've stocked up on the D&H mags over the past few years buying 5 or 10 at a time depending on the sale price. The cheapest I bought them was $5.99
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

JeniferG nailed it. I have some of both the Magpul and D&H aluminum, and like both. The whole world, seemingly, has gone to polymer magazines, and since the price difference at her links is only $1.30, the choice is pretty much one of preference.

Civilians seem to want whatever the High Speed Low Drag crowd uses, but for home defense use, even an occasional carbine course, I think the aluminum are fine. It's one of those hotly debated things in firearms (1911 .45 vs everything else, 'best' round to use in the AR, best red dot sight, etc), but from what I've read they are pretty much equivalent. For every guy who's "bought my own P-Mags in the sandbox because USGI were crap." I can find another guy who will only use good quality metal mags (D&H, OKAY, C Products) with the anti-tilt followers. The fact is both can and do fail, both are considered disposable items--you plan to replace them eventually--and both will likely server you very well.

Maybe it's just because I'm an old fart, set in my ways (Get off my lawn!) I slightly prefer the metal mags, but I honestly think people overthink AR magazines to death. Get some, have spares, and if they start to look worn, put them in the range use only box. Be happy.

Jennifer, boy those are some memories, $5.99 for D&H. I got loads of them, too! Sigh. Maybe if Trump is reelected we'll see that again. But general societal decline will likely keep them up for a while. Still, those Palmetto State prices are not bad, even historically.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I haven't been paying attention - what does the supply look like? Are mags getting hard to find, like after Sandy Hook?

Back then, I bought a bunch of Pmags, but I also bought some steel E-landers. If they're ok for Israeli special forces, they're ok by me. I also bought a few Lancers, those seem to work fine too.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I haven't been paying attention - what does the supply look like? Are mags getting hard to find, like after Sandy Hook?

Back then, I bought a bunch of Pmags, but I also bought some steel E-landers. If they're ok for Israeli special forces, they're ok by me. I also bought a few Lancers, those seem to work fine too.
    I wasn't looking for large quantities but I didn't see an absence of Pmags. The only thing was price. One vendor had them @$15/ea and another had them @$10/ea on the Gen 2's
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

Gen 2 PMAGS are fine. $10 is currently a "good" deal for new magazines.

(Allegheny County)

Mags are plentiful. Still affordable, but PSA and others are taking advantage of the run on guns by raising prices.
    Look elsewhere.

Lanbosarmory.com had the best deal on PMAGS recently.

I prefer Lancer mags over PMAGS, but Lancers are more money
    I prefer USGI mags over PMAGS - they used to cost less, but they are about the same price as PMAGs now.

WHERE to buy is going to depend on the quantity you want to buy.
    Lots of deals on "10 packs", but buying less than that can get costly with shipping.

EDIT: Lanbos is sold out of 30 rd PMAGS
    They still have 20 rounders for $10.65
    https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=15933

(Delaware County)

I have been using Magpul Pmags since they were first released. I actually loved the Gen1*s and was pissed when everyone started complaining like children. But the 2g*s are also good. Last year I also started buying the Amen2 mags. I like these as well.

Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Delaware County)

Magpul Pmags Gen 2 run fine in M&P AR. They still seem readily available at reasonable prices but I don't expect that to last long.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast